The emerging strat for Umbraskul sucks HARD for evoker

Not gonna claim this is the definitive strategy that everyone will end up using, but considering that both the supposed BiS trinkets for M+ for devastation come from Azure Vaults, I have as you can imagine - been farming it.

The problem I find myself running into for probably 9 groups if ive done 10 runs is that tanks are taking the boss up onto the wall. Apparently it makes it so that melee and tank can ignore the orbs. But for me, and I can imagine any other evokers too if you’ve been in a group like this one; that means we have to stand pretty much on the bosses butt to be able to reach the crystals when they (from every run I have done) spawn basically near/around the tank.

This means we are basically hanging out in orb city. Feels extremely bad and makes the 25 yard range evokers have continue to feel very limiting.

Hasn’t really felt bad for me, even when that was the meta strat in season one.

I was pretty sure they nerfed that strat way back then though, I haven’t had tanks doing it yet, though admittedly I’ve had limited AV runs.

The question is, giving how the arena is circular and the tank keeps the boss next to the walls, why are you following behind the boss instead of hovering around the middle?

I don’t think you’re picturing this correctly. Hovering around the middle would be following behind the boss.

Additionally, this strat makes the spikes spawn in the pocket by the wall, so if you’re too far in the middle you’re not going to be helpful in DPSing them down quickly.

The thing is, hovering while the boss moves to keep the DPS is such a non-issue, but I don’t move in a circle, I just hover in the middle.

There are way more annoying bosses like the all the bosses in Ruby Life Pools, last boss in Uldaman, even the first boss in Azure Vaults, Crawth and the last boss in Algethar. All of these guys are much worse to play against than Umbreskul.

OP makes it sound like Evoker went melee to kill the crystals, the only crystal you have to worry is the Hardened one, make the melee kill the rest.

1 Like