The Dwarf Lounge

Groggily gets up looking even more disheveled than before and grabs another beer

Glances lazily at Gaharan and then suddenly feels his head and ears out of panic
Shtill attatched…
Gives a sigh of relief, chugs down the ale and passes out again

2 Likes

Once you go dwarf, it’s hard to go back.

2 Likes

Dwarf Master Race!!!

Khaz Modan will rise again.

2 Likes

No worries, Bladinas! We are all friends here, even if the orcs choose barbaric mugs to drink from…

:wink:

2 Likes

I don’t mind. I’m pretty aware that elves don’t have the best reputation. But its mostly due to the fact that many of them don’t TRY and have a superiority complex. I’m having a ton of fun with you guys here!

:beers:

2 Likes

Think I may lay low a little while. Took a hit from that scam.

Good luck you guys.

3 Likes

Scam?! Oh dear, best of luck man. I hope you get things straightened out.

1 Like

Yeah, you can check GD. IT’s somewhere there.

Oh no! Hope you get it figured out soon.

I was naive. I’ll just lay low a while. Probably tarnished my reputation as whole now.

1 Like

No sir, I was reading that thread. Folks fall for phishing attempts all of the time, it’s why scammers do it.

If you haven’t already, change your password to your WoW account (and email if it is the same) and get the blizzard authenticator.

Multi-factor authentication is the only way you can make sure that your account is secure. There’s a spot to enable it in your account settings somewhere. I just use the app on my phone.

I’m a network security guy. Trust me, I’ve seen this a lot.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

1 Like

Appreciate it Vad. I know it was ridiculous, and looking back at it now, SO much could have been done, but if you play as casually as I do, this kind of thing just isn’t anything you’d suspect.

I ran a malware scan, talked to live, removed credit card information from the account, changed account and email passwords.

I just pray nothing more happens.

2 Likes

The only thing they got was the email and password to the account unless they sent you some emails and you opened attachments from those too.

Hope you get it sorted soon. Sounds like you’re taking the correct steps.

Going to recommend the authenticator one more time too. It’s reaaaaally handy, and only prompts you for the code again if you try and log in on a new device.

1 Like

He sent me a link to an incredibly constructed Battlenet .com, and, I followed it, and put in my information, as stupidly as that sounds.

As far as emails, they just sent me a fake ‘verification code’ email, which I did in fact use.

Nothing was downloaded to my, or the malware scanner’s knowledge.

Awesome, it sounds like you’re okay then. I know how scary that can be for folks.

I actually caught someone on my cousin’s account once. I knew he was at work and that he wouldn’t be on. Called him, he told me his pw and I logged into bnet, changed it, and hopped onto his account to find his characters naked and half of his stuff sold.

Opened up a ticket for him and hopped back off, gave him the new password and told him to change it.

He got on when he got home and the GM he talked to got everything back but it scared the crap out of him.

That was in cataclysm I think. It’s been a while ago.

1 Like

Should they have caused considerable damage, they can have my gold.

I was concerned only on a larger basis. Ie. Credit card, bank details, etc.

Besides, my account has a collective 8k gold, and 10 mounts across 9 toons, so, they would have really wasted their time.

For sure. He didn’t have to worry about any of that because he used pre-paid cards from gamestop/Walmart to refill his subscription.

Should I have?

I personally have mine tied to my debit card with it set to auto renew. I use the authenticator though and know how to avoid phishing attempts and what-not.

Yes, mine is the same. What does that mean in terms of this situation?

Second deep system scan came back clean by the way.