The Drac'thyr are Queer-Coding Done Right!

It isn’t about the money or time spent, it is about the journey.

I don’t know about these Dracthyr having Queer Coding as far as LGBT stuff… but the Dracthyr definitely are queer in the sense of strange and odd. Not my cup of tea.

Hey, at least I get paid well!

… wait.

I am blaming you that this race model is so bad. I will deduct this from your pay.

3 Likes

I’m coming around to it. I just want them to add more armour customization. Shoulders and belt doesn’t cut the mustard. You can make anything look good with the proper coat of paint.

The problem isn’t the armor, its the lanky androgynous methamphetamine addled looking lizards trying to pass off as dragons.

https://i.ibb.co/FDkrfZb/drak.jpg

1 Like

Just saw this posted over in GD:

Reminded me of this thread.

3 Likes

That’s me! Hopefully talon won’t see this. Though who am I kidding, he’s got 100 different posts already drafted.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he just made one post in this thread calling me a “known homophobe” and peaced out. It was quite strange.

Also because his writing was bad and the acting was cringe. I hated Pelagos.

if they dont like it its called stereotyping
if they like it its called coding

Stereotype: a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

Queer coding is the subtextual coding of a character in media as queer. Though such a character’s sexual identity may not be explicitly confirmed within their respective work or they may in fact be straight despite their queer mannerisms, a character might be coded as queer through the use of traits and stereotypes recognisable to the audience. Such traits are greatly varied, but traits of exaggerated masculinity and femininity, vanity, and hypersexuality are frequent.

Hope that clears it up. Sometimes coding involves applying stereotypes but doesn’t necessarily.

For bonus points do you know where the name came from?

Any particular reason besides the fact that he was trans?

I see a lot of “queer coding” when a character like Anduin is perceived to be insufficiently masculine.

At Rutgers I knew someone who was queer coded by his roommate when he wasn’t being as sexually active as said roommate, who was one of the most toxically masculine males I had the displeasure of meeting. It got to the point where said roommate threatened to kill him if “he made any queer moves” on him.

Things got better when that person moved out of the dormitory (which he hatged because it was “full of q***rs”) into a fraternity he had had to curtail his activities because his favored method of opening doors by punching them ended when on the last occasions his fist missed the door and went through the glass instead.

I wasn’t able to work up any sympathy for him though.

The voice acting was bad and the writing was overpoweringly goody, goody.

The game is written with the assumption that no matter who you are, you’re one of the good guys.

Cyberpunk 2077 might be more your speed.

You can’t code a real person. You’d just be trying to infer their sexuality.

4 Likes

I enjoyed Cyberpunk but it got a bit weird with the engram implant Keanu Reeves stuff.

Anywho, WoW’s writing is not that great right now, admit it. I mean, Shadowlands was pretty much universally panned.

The setting, the story, the characters, the voice acting, the zones - none of it was any good.

I feel like the story / plot is really dumb - as in, this is Saturday morning cartoon stuff.

Lets go back to the tropes, the everyday RPG stuff, the everyday protecting the lands against a backdrop of long away battles that are more and more encroaching on our lands.

Lets go back to savage Horde and unwavering Alliance. Enough with the softening of WoW.

Bring the Diablo team in and dirty WoW up. Splash some blood. Give us the grit, the sweat and tears, the mourning that comes from losses from hard fought battles.

1 Like

That’s kind of the point. Anduin is queer-coded as gay because he’s not a carbon copy of his Hero Chin father.

I haven’t read a single post of this thread but Cindrethresh uses she/her pronouns (https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Primal_Pests_(Horde)) and uses a masculine visage form (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/9/91/Scalecommander_Cindrethresh_-_Visage.png). I thought that was neat.

3 Likes