The disappointing reality of the fall of this game

Since the honor system revamp in the prepatch not a single person anywhere has been able to produce any evidence that this honor system is wrong, there were thousands of posts during the pre patch of players complaining that they remembered differently but evidence has been posted to the contrary many times, this is exactly as it was.

start running. they’ll be coming after you now.

Sabatoged to prove a point; “You think you do but you dont”, with the intention of filing everyone back to retail. It was all a sneaky move to attempt to boost the retail playerbase and kill any interest in pservers.

2 Likes

Who?

Yeah one wants you to leave their 17 yr old game alone, and the other are pay pigs.

I’m coming for you Cauchy…

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re wrong it just seems like with some many people complaining that something COULD be off. I know some people have posted showing scores and all that but we don’t know what patch those games were in and what the cost of different items were.

For what its worth, I’m indifferent, I’m done grinding honor. However, if the developers intended to make it so you need to grind for an entire week to get a single piece of gear then that seems wrong. Do you have links to the proof that the honor earned and costs are the same? I’m not trying to be accusatory, I’m just curious.

The game started its decline on January 16, 2007. but nobody realized it until Dec. 7, 2010.

You think you do but we are going to make sure you don’t.

3 Likes

I suggest World Zero on Roblox.

It’s for kids and young adults, it’s actually pretty good.

Although to get a epic item you still may need to run a dungeon for 3 hours at 20 minute intervals at a time.

the only way Im gonna stick around is if they make classic cheaper than retail … anyone who says $15 a month is a fair price for a version of the game that came out over a decade ago must smoke crack.

I just wish we had guys in the upper management who were enthusiastic about the game as the long term ~15+ year subs have been. I wouldn’t be surprised if 70%+ of the active player base has accounts over 10 years old.

It’s just unreal watching the team give 0 communication about issues, and when they do make changes they’re so blatantly out of touch it makes one think they get off to screwing with us.

Disregarding the asinine changes being made to a 15 year old game all of a sudden we’ve got the team creating a discounted server transfer option rather then merging servers or one of the other plethora of pro-consumer options. The whole situation was caused by their inaction and now they’re doubling down on profiting from xfers. It’s just unreal watching a game as big as WoW be killed off by its own developer

4 Likes

Yeah this is 100% true. The GM staff is like a bare bones crew working off automated responses 95% of the time. Usually takes multiple tickets to get something achieved.

Remember when we had a phone support number we could call with issues?

That workplace is probably a demoralized paycheck farming zone at this point

I can totally see this as well. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a running joke in the office just how bad things are and still see record profits.

The shop I work at is selling items 300% over MSRP these days (Where you can easily find them under MSRP online) and we’re doing record profits every month. They just keep raising it and people keep buying

Where I work, it’s pretty much we pretend to work they pretend to pay us

This crap is all built on a late empire bubble. I just play wow working from home like it’s still 2009. Surreal times, eh?

Nice idea thanks

If only you knew how bad it really is.

Amen to that, sister

It’s diversity hires, hell bent on destroying anything that doesn’t fit their ideals. Leeching of the hard work of men much bigger than them.

2 Likes