The Devos fight is STILL bugged

Just remove the trash spear mechanic and have the collection of orbs be sufficient.

3 Likes

You must be a nun or something to have that much faith :rofl:

1 Like

I still only have a 90% success rate with the meathook in Necrotic Wake. And while that’s seems pretty good, there’s no reason such a simple dynamic should fail AT ALL.

2 Likes

Theres more than 1 bug for the boss. Usually you have to kill the 3 adds, but sometimes she spawns on the tank when you hit the first add.

Had keys fails because of the spear, I’m all for things and gimmicks, yet no one wants to touch the damn thing. Given if you miss that’s a wipe and it sucks to have a mechanic like that. I would rather fail it because I, or the group did something wrong, rather than the spear simply don’t register as hitting her. For whatever reason, so you wipe thanks to the stacking debuff.

I’m thinking it must be a lag issue on your part, when I first started running this dungeon I didn’t know to wait for her strafe. As soon as I learned to wait no matter how bad I wanted to throw I’ve never missed since.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with lag. We busted a key a few weeks ago when we wiped on it multiple times due to the spear not registering that it hit OR hitting but her still not coming to the ground. On several pulls it would act like we didn’t hit her and instead of spawning 5 more orbs for us to walk back it lined the entire platform with 20+ orbs but none of them would actually pick up.

If you’re having good luck with it, awesome. But there is definitely an issue.

1 Like

I have never missed and don’t find it difficult at all.

Must Agree SoA and NW are just sheer RNG

Yes, this is another bug. Not sure why this happens sometimes.

yep she bugged twice for us this weekend. it was reported a lot too.

i’m guessing the devs don’t play mythic+ much lol :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

maybe a ping issue? I actually never had issues w/ it other than when I flat out missed coz of my own stupidity

Never had an issue with it bugging out.
I do have an issue with giant friggin flapping wings in my face when I’m trying to aim.

1 Like

Lag?
No offence but I have thrown every spear for every one of my Spires runs that I have done on all of my characters and not once has it bugged.

Only thing I can reasonably think of is some issue with ping. Otherwise I have been extremely lucky, or conversely the hit box is incorrect and my latency has caused “misses” to be hits.

I always seem to aim slightly to the left, do you perhaps hit slightly to the right? Maybe the hit box is slightly off-centre?

fun bug in halls of atonement when fighting halkias, as well. has happened multiple times. hell, maybe even every single time. at least someone gets either hit or annihilated by the rotating beams despite them not actually hitting. at the very least, halkias will just sort of…flutter about and can’t decide where to be shooting his beams, but it doesn’t hurt anyone.

this is the number 1 most successful mmo. what a disgrace.

1 Like

Yup it’s happened multiple times and failed keys, same with halkias

wait, its AOE? I’ve done this one myself one time and watched the spear fly straight to her, she dodged left all of the sudden(her left, our right) and it missed by a narrow bit(looked like it went through her hand). Someone else did it after that but from what I heard(and have seen the few times I’ve run this one), she can avoid it even if its close to her.

Good for you. Guess what, you’re in a very lucky category then. I’ve had it bug twice where it doesn’t connect, and once where she doesn’t even come down at all. You just die to the constant damage. And as you can see from the thread I’m not the only one. The stupid as$ thing just doesn’t work sometimes.

1 Like

What’s being described isn’t a matter of lag. We’re talking about waiting for the boss to move, waiting another second after she sits still for good measure, throwing the spear, and watching it pass right through her with zero effect. I’ve also seen her get “hit” but continue to fly around anyway as if the game forgot to make her land.

I understand that bugs happen. You can’t have a game this big and complex without the occasional bug. But dungeons shouldn’t be releasing like this in the first place and any bugs that do slip under the radar should be squashed in short order. But Devos has been slipping spears since day one with no fix in sight and it’s a major enough bug that it’ll scuttle keys.

It’s caused by latency, mechanic needs to be removed until Blizzard can actually make it work for Oceanic players.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/devos-spear-is-bugged-in-3-different-ways-and-only-1-of-them-was-fixed/803925