The Developers most hated classes?

I know people throw shade @ all the class forums been widely ignored by Blizzard, along with the extremely valid threads never really quite getting the attention they deserve — even the utmost popular ones — but I was curious as to what the players feel are the:

:sparkles: ‘Top 3 most hated Classes’ :sparkles:

– By Blizzard’s class-developers.


Whether that’s in regards to ignored bugs on the said-class(es), the terrible tuning, numbers, changes, neglect to their forums with important & widely experienced issues etc.

When it comes to classes & the dev efforts into helping improve or fix them …
Post who you think Blizzard hates most :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes
  1. Hunters. If you want to see feedback ignored during a beta, look no further. All three specs suck to play and their class fantasy is a mess.
  2. Actually look a little further and you will find Shamans. But they are in a pretty fun place right now imo, so maybe not so hated after all.
  3. I dunno. Priests? I hear they’re quite awful in pvp right now.
3 Likes

Probably rogues and warlocks but for different reasons. Maybe priests for third.

6 Likes

If I recall correctly only one class has ever had its abilities taken away, changed, or had an entire specialization completely gutted for other classes, and that same one is the only one that ever had the secondary resources of two of its specializations entirely done away with and homogenized.

2 Likes

I’d 100% say rogues, and maybe priest, but outside of those it’s mainly specs blizz neglects not typically whole classes

5 Likes

Punished for the sins of one mop class dev.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d probably say Warlocks for sure — Especially Affliction :joy: lol

After that, hmm :thinking: Tough call, I feel like it changes every 2 expansions for the rest haha

4 Likes

OK, one addendum; I didn’t include shamans because it’s less of a “hate” and more “I don’t think about you at all”

3 Likes

In a PVP sense… I’d say they currently hate Warlocks.

4 Likes

They really had it in for locks at one point, but that seemed to be more about demolishing the legacy of a certain dev that they fired for speaking out against them.

3 Likes

The Devs definitely hate Rogues, and I mean for years already, with no light at the end of the tunnel…

Don’t hear too many good things about Monks either…

Sorry can’t give you a third :sob:

5 Likes

the fallout from the shaman’s bus shock incident lasted until BFA.

2 Likes

I swear that dev they fired is like Batman. :joy:

“He’s a hero. The one we need, but not the one we deserve …
And so, he became a villain. To be the hero — For all of us.”

You’d think a way for the Devs to “One-up” them would be to improve Warlocks themselves and overshadow HIS glory with their own, as opposed to just $#!%%ing all over it. lol

3 Likes

Druids.

Hunters get every new animal model in the game as a matter of course, druids get new forms only if a solar eclipse happens on a fifth Tuesday.

1 Like

After leveling some of rogue I’m going to assume this class. I’ve done a few days of research and the amount of bugs on rogue is also pathetic.

The class barely functions.

5 Likes

it took us about 15-18 years to recover from the Bus Shock incident

3 Likes
  1. Warlock… no other class has ever been in a situation where the devs have literally told us they don’t want us to play it…
  2. Hunter… people joke all the time about hunters being blizzard devs favorite class, but every update for them since legion has been nerf after nerf after nerf… the class is barely even playable and every time it gets something good that fixes some of its problems they rip it away again in the very next update.
  3. Demon Hunter… demon hunters may have good damage, but the class gameplay is atrocious and riddled with bugs and barely functioning abilities… also, the sheer lack of abilities really shows their disdain for the class… like they really couldn’t wait to just stop working on it…
4 Likes

shadow priest
:cherries:

2 Likes

I dont believe the devs hate any class/spec but I do believe many just do not know what theyre doing and are incapable of fixing the class they are responsible for.

7 Likes

So are we talking hated as in ‘ignored’…or hated as in they do the work grudgingly and hate every second of it?

ignored, Im not entirely sure of but Rogue sure seems to have been set aside for other things.

hated and taking childish vengence on…definitely Beastmaster the last year or so.

Hated but keeping up with…maybe warlock.

3 Likes