"The developers disrespect the Alliance player races"

And you think only h- normative people appreciate sex appeal?

Or things that are pretty?

no, what i’m saying is the normative people cover a large swath of the populace, and if you want to attract a large swath of the populace, you have to think like they do

Ok. And you think most people playing vulpera and dracthyr aren’t normative people?

I don’t get what you are saying quite. But it is coming close to crossing a huge line in negative stereotyping.

no, what i’m saying is, if you wanna attract large amounts of people, then you have to appeal to their most natural proclivities. people appreciate all forms of art, no doubt, but you dont just wanna attract people who already play, you also wanna attract the passerby.

because alliance players have a massive victim complex

2 Likes

Ok. But what does that have to do with specifically targeting what h normative people like? What do h normative people like that others don’t?

That’s the issue.

The implication that only h normative people only like pretty things. That other races weren’t made for h normative people.

okay. you have large populace of potential customers.
of that populace, the largest percentage has certain proclivities. other percentages may or may not have the same or similar proclivities. what we’re talking about is the largest percentage, cause this is who will make the biggest impact on the game.

its not the point. the point is more people like beauty, symmetry, handsomeness. and because of that, they represent the largest group with the biggest potential to not only add more players to the game but to sway more people to play alliance.

I think the dragon design is perfect. I’d absolutely ignore big fat ugly wanna-be dragons.

This line of conversation originally stemmed from my post about disliking mechagnomes and wanting sethrak. Is it your opinion, then, that because gnomes are more humanoid that they would draw more people to the game and/or alliance than would something like sethrak?

Not trying to be contrarian, just wanting to make sure I understand your point.

i like mechagnomes enuff that i have 3 of them but they woulda been much better as full mechas cause metal hairstyles woulda been great. i like sethrak for their artistry. they have flair. the difference is, we were talking about how to save alliance and really attract new players by creating a beautiful humanoid race that fits the model the largest swath of the populace would be attracted to

And Alliance…by far…has a the overwhelming majority of beauty. So obviously that won’t have the impact you want it to have.

few play gnomes, even if cute, because they arent standard and cant see over tables and tall grass. more play humans because good racials but males are too roided out and females are not graceful. many play night elves but they are goofy enough to miss the gravy train, with gigantic hands and calves on the women, and itty bitty waists on the males. one of the original caricature races. blood elves come closest, are graceful and well proportioned. their gear fits properly. there’s a step even above that, but that is so outside wow artstyle, itd look out of place, so default is blood elf

Pretending that female space goats don’t exist. One of the most common picks on the forums

theres a difference between unique beauty and classical beauty. draenei are unique beauties. they fill a niche. but we’re talking about attracting the largest amount of potential players, and you keep dodging and darting to examples that are niche or are caricatures

Now because you have a semblance of a brain, I am just going to go out on a limb for you and say don’t bother trying to argue with Akston. They argue for the sake of arguing.

woohoo. ty

We are disagreeing but being cordial.

You are doing what exactly? Jumping in, ignoring the topic, and throwing out personal slants?

1 Like

back when blood elves were released, all the other races were tongue-in-cheek, exaggerated caricatures. the art team went for humor and levity. they all had odd body proportions with exaggerated heads, muscles, shoulders, waists, fangs, hands, etc. blood elves were the first and only race with realistic humanoid proportions. and to date, are the most popular race wow has ever created

Ok. And the Alliance got the same model.