The Desolate Host bugs out - Heroic TOS

Still bugged. Can just blow up the boss in groups. But solo, I will try stopping at 30% hp next time. Only Mog needed was off next boss, Maiden. Blizzard please fix.

1 Like

Itā€™s because the mechanic to be in different world is deactivated in solo so the strat is different.

No. This bugs with more than 1 person as well.

1 Like

Same thing here. Glitched, and unable to get to the Maiden. Tried resetting the instance, reloading but nada.
Going to return tomorrow and see if it works.
Cā€™mon Blizz!

Waited for two days then returned, and was able to resolve, and complete the run.

Only trick I have found so far is the same one for all older dungeon and raid bossesā€¦which is to slowly kill them. If you nuke them too fast, boom. Bug.

Iā€™m so frustrated trying to solo this fight! If I burst too fast, it bugs and the boss never resets, and I have to jump off the edge and pull the ads through the barrier from the outside to reset the boss. If I go to slow, somehow the fight resets for unknown reasons. I finally came here just to find out thereā€™s STILL no actual solution, just workarounds that may or may NOT even work??

Itā€™s because something spawns in the other ā€œdimensionsā€ so the fight resets cause it canā€™t get to any target.

This happened to me on Heroic, yesterday, and I never was able to reset the boss. After waiting for about 10 minutes, I just moved on to the other bosses.

It was the first time I had gotten this bug. I never got it on Mythic after dozens of times just nuking the boss.

3 Likes

still bugged at the time of this writing

Why is this boss still bugged after almost 4 years? Still despawning mid-fight and I cannot get him to respawn, even after leaving the raid!

1 Like

I second that, today was my first time experiencing this bug ā€“ but on Mythic. Ironically, it didnā€™t happen on my first few characters. At first I wondered if it was because I used Beacon to 1-shot him, but then I tried killing him slowly and the issue kept persisting.

1 Like

I encountered this bug for the first time today, and was completely locked out of the encounter.

So I used the Stuck Character Service under ā€œContact Supportā€ waited several minutes after it logged me out as they suggested, and ta-da. Completely reset the boss encounter for me.

Good luck everyone.

It is still bugged, but here is the solution.

If you get stuck and the encounter is not resetting, leave the raid, wait about 30-45 minutes, let it soft reset.

When starting the Desolate Host encounter, start inside the Shadow realm, get the Queen to 30% or lower (not too low), click on the font of power again to exit the shadow realm.

Once you are out of the realm DO NOT do anything, The Host will start attacking you automatically and then will begin to summon The Desolate Host, Once the host is out run up to him, and kill him

Do not kill any of the bosses, not the Queen, not the Host, it will bug, as they are both needed to summon The Desolate Host.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this clear fix!

still bugged, really not surprised by this crap company

what a bunch of incompetent monkeys

1 Like

I tried today, max level 70 and took off all armor, leaving just my weapon and dpsā€™d slowly and the encounter did not bug. I took no damage, so no worries there.

Adds went down quickly then just auto attacked the boss until host appeared.

Iā€™ll continue to try this method and post if I notice any other issues. Doesnā€™t fix the issue but perhaps at least allows the kills to get the transmogs.

Good luck

1 Like

Still bugging zzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

As of October 2023, itā€™s still happening.
Soloing, killed the engine, host never spawned, stuck in room with endless spawning adds in both realms.
Not even going to bother with this one anymore, judging by the replies to this thread. Very sad state of it, by the looks.

1 Like

Bumping this 'cause itā€™s still happening and itā€™s preventing me from possibly getting cool transmog on multiple alts :slight_smile: