The Demon’s Den

Welcome to the Demon’s Den.

This is now a general topic thread for anyone welcome to discuss all things warlock.

Come join our in game community!

2 Likes

Since you’re playing multiple specs, get Synergy to 235 first, and then dabble more. Have your really strong flexible one (Syn), then slowly build the other ones up to a more comfortable level.

Destro with Synergy, for example, is probably less than 100 dps behind Cinders on 1-2 target, and better than Cinders in 3+ target. Considering how M+ usually goes, you’ll probably get more value from Synergy most of the time anyways.

3 Likes

Thank you Marco for the response.

That’s what my buddy was telling me but I wasn’t sure if getting synergy the extra 10 levels would outweigh the gains from getting say Wilfreds to 225 considering how strong it is for demo.

Side note, this casual guild im in was able to down shriek this week on mythic and got some decent pulls on huntsman.

Second side note. Did some keys as both demo and Destro this week, one of the guildies in group commented I do better damage in keys as Destro. Told him it’s probably due to me being more comfortable with Destro.

For balancing raid and m+ across all 3 specs at least semi I’d say Synergy.

It’s not amazeballs for destro or demo in either situation but it’s strong for all 3 in both settings and you’d probably get the max value with that. Also gives you a little more time to decide if you’d prefer demo or destro for keys and thus what the next leggo up would be instead of making that call now

1 Like

Thanks Lostlegion for m the response.

I have been playing both and I perform better as Destro currently (I think it’s due to gear and being more familiar with Destro)

I have some pulls where I will set up my tyrant and then realize I forgot soul rot. It’s getting there but I’m still making some mistakes. I’m enjoying one minute tyrant for sure though.

Would you use a 225 synergy over a 190 wildfreds?

I wouldn’t desire that situation since wilfred’s power comes from the effect not the ilevel for the most part but sim it and see what happens I suppose? But I’m also being " THAT guy" who isn’t forming his wilfred’s until I can afford max rank so… take it with a grain of salt.
There is a more accurate demo apl floating around somewhere. Discord should have it.

1 Like

for the skae of trading gear id say upgrade your synergy to 235 since M gear is 1 ilvl out of trade range. From there honestly id say cinders - Marco is right in that Synergy SIMS about on par with cinders but the playstyle cinders enables and the smoothing will lead to a bigger dps upgrade IMO

my crafting orders was synergy - lvl 1 sacro - lvl 1 wilfreds - Cinders to cap (as the dstro buff hit) - and now im just catching wilfreds up.

2 Likes

Yeah that was my though.

The reduction on tyrant feels so good.

I am wanting to improve my play at be solid at all three specs in case I decide to push for a more serious guild down the line.

1 Like

Thank you Cheeze.

I’m so indecisive too, really wishing I had started with my lock over rogue because this is the most fun I have had all of SLs release.

I like playing all three specs too so trying to have a leggo for each one having started so late is not so much fun.

I do say I really want to make cinders and see how it feels for Destro because I imagine it makes it feel a lot better.

if you plan on playing destro in any capacity IMO you max out cinders

2 Likes

I think what I’ll do is max synergy
Craft/max cinders
Max Wilfreds

Then save my ash for 9.1

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan to me for your situation.

1 Like

I have them on occasion :joy:

The main fight I would play Destro/demo in currently is kaelthas and maybe sludge.

Agreed. Sounds like you have a good idea of what to roll with.

I have Wilfreds, Synergy, and Cinders up to 235, and Sacrolash is up to 225. I haven’t bothered pushing Sacrolash up higher because I hit 1800 while I was still using the 190 version, and I stopped trying to push, so it’s kind of w/e at this point.

I think I’m back up to around 5k soul ash and the only thing I might consider crafting for s&g is the CB leggo. Other than that, I’m just hoarding it myself.

1 Like

My biggest worry right now is trying to catch up and then they release double leggos in 9.1 and just being forever behind.

Considering they didn’t mention it yet, it might not be in 9.1 (or at least not right away). There’s speculation we won’t see 9.1 until July, so you have plenty of time. Maybe… too much time. :sleeping:

1 Like

I would hypothesize that double lego comes in 9.3 tbh. So we can be sorta let wild at the end and less effort had to go into reining it all back in.

1 Like

Bruh I don’t want double leggos… for pvp at least. Some classes have REALLY stupid legendaries… its gonna cause a lotta balance issues.

I do remember Kalamazi saying something like that. Think there was a video on it.

Another awesome person I had a question for.

Epic burn, I have a disc friend I’m pestering into coming back.

Would you recommend pushing lock disc as aff or demo?