The "Delayed" Company?

With the Work from home loss of productivity, as well as the loss of productivity from illness, not to mention that virtual meetings are not as efficient. I’m frankly amazed that they delayed announcing that the xpac would be out late as long as they did.

2 Likes

Have people forgotten “When it is done” used to be Blizzard’s motto? I feel like they have.

2 Likes

its only ‘delayed’ because they got stupid and bumped up the release date in the first place.
had they keep stifled and left it at end of 2020 no one would be saying a thing about it right now.

This company has agitated me into refunding my SL prepurchases and Im very likely to unsub over the chromie time/exp lock thing and quit playing WoW at this point…BUT…this release date thing shouldnt be that big deal given when we purchased the game we all understood that end of 2020 was the date of release.

Yeah I don’t know why people don’t understand this, it’s not just Blizz that delays games. Cyberpunk which some of these people are saying they will play instead has been delayed a couple of times.

1 Like

Good grief, you all need to give it a rest. Things happen and things get delayed. It’s not like there aren’t things going on that could force a delay.

1 Like

When you are creating something new, it doesn’t always fit neatly into timelines unlike say, building something in a factory.

I sometimes think that the people complaining about the delay don’t realize just how complex software development is. Especially when we are talking about something as massive as World of Warcraft.

The delay wasn’t an easy decision for Blizzard to make. It must really be in poor shape. We are lucky that they will not be delivering it in that state.

1 Like

Coming from someone who works in a factory, deadlines are missed all the time there too.

1 Like

Greetings Zoomer.

It’s actually the old norm. Back in the day (before the activision merge) Blizzard was the company that had the motto “It’s done when it’s done.”

So I welcome this sign of the old ways coming back.

I really hope it is the future. Back when Blizzard did this as a matter of course they released non-stop masterpieces.

1 Like

I’d be far more concerned if they knew it needed major work and went ahead and released horribly broken instead of delaying it to get it right.

3 Likes

You mean like they did for BFA? They knew, and admitted after the fact, that azerite armour wasn’t going to work but they released anyway.

Pretty much.

1 Like

Except that isn’t going to happen, especially when there are players who keep running the game down and calling it stuff like “rubbish” but still dump their time, energy, and money into the game.

2 Likes

If this was Blizzard 15 years ago then a delay would only mean MUCH MORE hype. A lot of the devs we could trust left to start another company and what remains wont even do QAs any more because they don’t even believe in themselves but are more than happy to make store mounts and try to release a expansion that’s not even done. They still have yet to complete Draenor.

1 Like

Gee, when Shu and Eitrigg merged both were still pretty populated. I’m thinking they are upgrading servers, that can handle more load that’s driving the merging. It’s more efficient to run fewer more powerful servers than a server for every realm. But we will never know the real reasons.

It’s the end of an expansion, people take breaks in these times, it happens every time. And when Shadowlands drops, people will come here screaming about how crowded the game is and they can’t get anything done, being ganked in Warmode, and all the other things.

1 Like

Remember the old blizzard delayed their game release just make sure that game run smoothly.

2 Likes

I don’t know how long you have been playing WoW, but delaying an expac is not unusual. The fact that they gave a release date so far in advance is the unusual part.
Honestly, everyone, chill out, everyone who is getting wigged out about the delay talks like there is nothing left to do in the current iteration of the game. If you have run out of things to do in WoW, you NEED to go outside, lol

Yeah I wonder if blizzard is trying to get past their reputation for releasing unfinished games.

Never hurts to improve, and the memory of ‘expansion day’ issues is something everyone who has played from Cata forward can relate too, lol

first time in years that blizzard might be dedicated to making a good product. It’s nice.

It’s a shame to me. When I was a kid, we thought of blizzard as a good company with a reputation for polish. It really stings that they have the opposite reputation now.