The day Classic + turned into retail -

Blizzard hasn’t come out and said Mage Boosting is wrong either.

So once again, you’re proven wrong.

The ability to turn it off doesn’t address any of the points I just made.

New players are still able to level more than 2x as fast.

The devs are still sending the message that you’re meant to rush through leveling.

“Problems” that can be solved with player-created solutions are removed from the game by the devs, which reduces player agency.

It wasn’t really imbalanced, it just wasn’t homogenous where every class had the same toolkit so it was more about rock paper scissors than anything else. Some classes were just very strong vs other classes but also weak against other classes.

In that sense I guess it was balanced. More balanced than this is at least.

that’s all you’ve communicated. crying =/= communication.

i mean, you should want to explain it so that blizzard can read the feedback. do you think they will listen to your melodrama?

oh no, a new player might be able to hit cap before the season ends, the horror!

1 Like

No it wasn’t.

You’re gonna keep talking crap anyway, but here was my feedback to the devs:

1 Like

Yeah you’re clearly not trying to understand my perspective.

yea your problem is this is season of discovery. its not classic era. its not vanilla. this is something you need to accept.

because there’s no validity in it. it’s just you being upset that the game isnt designed around your personal wishes.

1 Like

yeah they need to remove the “Classic” moniker from SoD. Until yesterday it was very much Classic, and now it is very much not.

mmmmm, no, my perspective is entirely valid :slight_smile:

Go play a different classic server if you don’t like it.

1 Like

Point me to the progressive Classic server and I’ll gladly go play that.

There isn’t one. Because it would be DOA. Just like ERA. Classic doesn’t exist without all the returners and retailers. They’re not playing your game. You’re playing their game. It hasn’t been your game since 2019 with boosting meta, wcl, gs, and everything else. Classic was never and will never be Vanilla. This. This is Classic. The thing you so desperately cling to has never existed. Open. your. eyes. We won, you lost. Assimilate or go play Era. Classic is now whatever we say it is, damn the andys. (Also I’m not responding to your question about “what is an andy” because it’s not a good faith question. There’s no way you’ve been active since 2019 and don’t understand the concept). Bye felicia!

1 Like

Incorrect. Wall of “no” all over again!

You can’t define it. That’s why you won’t answer it.

Yeah. I have a wife, 2 kids in sports, and a full time job. I’m not complaining about leveling time either.

1 Like

I agree, if xp was a issue for alts why didnt the devs add in more quests like the sleeping bag quest or mounts at level 30.

Flat 100% xp buff is just rushing people to end game to raid log. Lots of retail and wotlk players are influencing sod and it will be ita downfall in the long run.

1 Like

It will never not be super bizarre how classic cultists freak out about faster leveling speed or travel time etc. They are beyond obsessed with how other people play the game and lose their minds if anyone enjoys it differently than they do.

It has no impact on you at all if people level faster. Level slower and join some cultist guild of people who refuse to level faster if it means that much to you.

2 Likes

Coming over to the Classic client to play, refusing to understand why Classic design philosophy matters, demanding it be changed, then mocking the core Classic playerbase will never not be super bizarre.

2 Likes

There were 20k era players and hundreds of thousands of WotLKC and retail players.

SoD intentionally attracted more than era players because it is not worth Blizzards time to develop new content for 20k people.

SoD was never meant to be an era exclusive thing.

Further, they have the data. They see that vanilla philosophies were tremendously unpopular and they were hemorrhaging players in phase 2. I knew this for awhile and said it in multiple threads. It was obvious they were going to have to start making bigger changes to try to save the mode.

It would not be worth development time to make this mode for classic cultists exclusively.

3 Likes

sod is bad

1 Like

There were 10k players on Grobbulus alone, and it was one of the medium sized servers. Where the hell are you getting your data?

1 Like