The current state of H-WrA

It’s rough. I’ve been trying to RP on my BE lately and the quality just isn’t there. Not to mention people make a lot of OOC assumptions about a friendly-ish BE Rogue, so I imagine people are a bit hesitant based on past experiences. I’ve been running around BB and Ratchet trying to drum something up, but it’s no dice.

3 Likes

…to…to escape trolls?

7 Likes

I mean, there are less Horde so theoretically…

I feel you. I can’t RP on my BE without some male BE wanting to make me a part of his harem or the rest of the Horde just wanting to use her for the spank bank. Moon Guard is pretty lusty but I’m going to venture to say my experience on WrA has been met with vastly more amounts of thirst and less quality and quantity.

…RP is dead.

1 Like

That’s a bit extreme.

Well of course it is, it’s for dramatics.

However I’ve been roleplaying over forums for about 15 or more years at this point and I can say that roleplay is a hobby that’s teetering out at this point. The quality and quantity of RP is becoming less and less. Heck I’m pretty sure at this point, Moon Guard is made up of the same handful of people across a multitude of alts. Once you befriend them on Bnet, you come to realize that the last 10 characters you interacted with belonged to the same person.

It’s not dead, but it is getting old and beginning to wither.

Well SL might give it a bit of a spark since we’re all being sent there whether we like it or not :woman_shrugging: (at least I believe this was mentioned in an interview so hold that with a grain of salt)

There’s a lot of freshness that SLs can throw at one another.

Overall, RP is probably becoming low quality because this just wasn’t a good expansion and we’re now in an unpopular expansions lull.

1 Like

Ahh, I meant this outside of the game as well. Forum style RPing is beginning to suffer the same fate and RP hubs around the internet are all but dead. I’m speaking about general text based, paragraph style RP.

Ah that does suck. I’ve never done pure forum RP, but If you enjoy tabletop RP at all, you could always check out Roll20, assuming you don’t already use it lol.

RP is a bit of an uncommon hobby tbh that probably does have more of an aging population.

and if you were smart you’d be able to do the Calligraphy world quest but here we are

my reflexes aren’t as good as they used to be, i can’t drop my entire character’s backstory at a moment’s notice as fast as i could

8 Likes

2 Likes

I have to go back to the tavern RP dojo so I can sharpen my killer improv senses and speeds.

Be sure to do it on a cloudy day so you can yell at the clouds when you fail.

I need to pin down who I want to be my primary random/walk-up fella again because Liotuse is all jaded and tired and that’s not as fun. Kind of eyeing Horde with my Mag’har warrior for that, potentially.

3 Likes

Of course walk up city rp is going to be worse than forum rp.

Going with AU Maggy or OG Nagrand Maggy?

I’ve actually found some really good writers with walk up city RP. I’m talking multi-para, story driven writers.

The issue comes though after a while they begin to merge IC and OOC and start getting creepy, weird, and oddly controlling of me. Every. Single. Time. :c

1 Like

OG Nagrand. Youngin’ that wasn’t old enough to participate in the action when it came around in BC, came to Azeroth now because surely the grass is greener on the other side, might be in for a bit of a shock when he doesn’t see the attempted cool guy Thrall Horde, and catches up on what’s been happening.

1 Like

Do eeeeet, go all Lok’tar dude.