The Creation Catalyst is Coming the Week of April 12

And this is my major issue with this patch: They advertised these amazing looking transmogs in all the 9.2 advertising, but those are only available from raiding. And the LFR gear is all green. The really nice gear sets they previewed are all from normal raiding.

I’d love them, but I’m not going to raid on all my characters just to pick up that transmog. That was just false advertising on Blizzard’s part.

They really should have allowed us to get those at gear level 252 when we complete level 6 of the cypher gear system.

It’s been this way since Legion.

1 Like

Based on this statement above from Blizzard, I think the answer is no:

“Note that the 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses will only be on the helms, shoulders, chests, gloves, and legs.”

Oh man wait till RM sees this.

3 Likes

Please stop time gating player power like this and taking my entire natural born life to unlock these things. It makes the game significantly less fun for no reason. It’s stupid and lame.

8 Likes

Feels like a big missed opportunity for the unique-equipped ilvl262 crafted stuff to not work for this.

Given that these require a legendary mat from ZM, it seems like they should count at season 3.

2 Likes

I agree I deactivated my account because still 0 tier and this won’t come out till next Tuesday so like you said 4 more weeks before I am competitive in pvp waste of time blizzard should just take tier out of pvp so it’s an even playing field it’s wrong that some lucky people have the advantage makes the game miserable for all of us 0 tier people

4 Likes

Ah yes, a charge system perfectly positioned to, with reset, more speedily catch up folks that poured meaningful engagement into the patch for weeks without getting a set bonus, yet its actual implementation is to further reward players that didn’t experience recurring, terrible luck by allowing everyone to start with the same amount of charges and identical charge gains across all mains and alts week to week

“Bad Luck Protection”

SO close…

4 Likes

Was brought up in another post but for in-game clarity and people who don’t read these kinds of posts; Could an in-game warning be posted on the forge when converting non tier bonus slots that they won’t be eligible for the tier bonus after conversion. Can help cut back on any day one confusion or miss-forges.

2 Likes

Please remove the 1 per week restriction or at least make it 2 per week. I don’t want to wait another month to have fun with 4pc like everyone else, it’s already been too long. I’m 3100 io and still have 0 tier still. I don’t like raiding, I did it for years burned out and will never do it again. Raid or die mentality needs to end, it’s holding the game back at this point. Let people play the endgame activity they enjoy instead of requiring them to do a different one for some ridiculous 50% power gain. I can tolerate the usual few ilvls or better trinkets raiders usually have, but tier is way, way more powerful than that and ridiculously timegated for months for non raiders.

I like M+ and play it a lot. Why can’t I have fun with tier in M+ too when it works (and dominates) in M+? I’ve put in the effort, 3100 io, probably 100+ 15-22 keys. Gonna tell me I haven’t put in as much effort or skill as a normal/heroic raid logger with good luck? Cmon. Every vault is fail… 5 weeks of no tier in vault is so frustrating.

Now I have to wait ANOTHER month possibly before I can make a 4 set? While all groups for 20+ keys have started requiring 4set and saying “note tier” etc? I wouldn’t care if tier didn’t work in m+/pvp like Domination shard set bonuses didn’t, but they do, but then you gave a big finger to m+/pvp players not allowing them to get tier like raiders until months later. How is this fair?

I literally got insta kicked from group within 30 seconds after being invited 4 times yesterday, because people see my io and invite me then inspect me and see no tier and kick. Even for keys I’ve literally timed already lol, and when I’m the highest io in the group and got higher io than them with 0 pc… What fun, I really enjoy being a second class citizen in this game because of loot RNG and timegating and the toxicity it creates in the community that you blizzard could stop by simply removing this timegating.

Even hardcore world first raiders say that creation catalyst should have been opened weeks ago, so who are you catering to blizz by gatekeeping tier like this to only lucky raiders, while letting it still work in pvp/m+? I really can’t believe you’ve just ignored so many people asking for changes to catalyst… Please remove the 1 per week limit, thankyou.

13 Likes

So for Sandworn Relic gear at 246, when comverted to tier pieces, what will the color tint of the mog be? Is that of normal?

You have 3 tier kills.

It’s more than 3, counting LFR and normal, plus vaults.

Why can’t we have our desired secondary stats?

3 Likes

There’s a total of 6 tints:

• LFR
  • Normal
  • Heroic
  • Mythic
  • PvP Gladiator
  • PvP Elite Gladiator

For Sandworn Relic gear @ ilvl 246, we definitely can rule out the mog tint colors of Heroic, Mythic & both PvP.
That boils down to LFR or Normal.

My question is at ilvl 246 (which is above LFR ilvl), does that mean when converted using the CC, the mog tint color will be that of Normal?

Tried checking on PTR, but CC is still “charging” there. The icon it shows when tossing some sandworn shoulders in it looked like normal though.

*edit nvm last part, forgot icons are the same either way

The icons for all 6 tints are exactly the same, maybe except for Mythic because it is different from the rest.

Went on the PTR and noticed something that I did not notice before (or did bother to take note of before):

• When I input either >>
  1. 246 - Sandworn Gear
  2. 252 - Bracer from Timewalking weekly reward cache
  3. 259 - Bracer from Anthros drop
    ===> The output gear translate to an equivilant tier set piece which tooltip goes in the following format:
    (Name of Item)
    (Item Level 242/252/259)
  • When I input >>
  1. 265 - BoE Cloak from Heroic Sepulcher
    ===> The output gear translate to an equivilant tier set piece which tooltip goes in the following format:
    (Name of Item)
    Heroic
    (Item Level 265)

I did double check on live that for LFR gear (it will state Raid Finder below the item name on the tooltip). As with the same for Heroic & Mythic.
Only Normal gear does not have anything stated in place.

I guess that’s confirmation that Sandworn Gear after conversion will be Normal transmog tint colors.

2 Likes

Oops on the icon thing. I blame lack of sleep… and that the journals don’t show tier icons.

Good catch on the flavor text. I didn’t have any LFR or heroic stuff to throw at the CC to see what it would do, so it was all name+ilvl here.

Man… perfectly described with words. A++

1 Like

I’m going to echo what I’ve seen a lot of in these discussions.

For the world content player like myself, I absolutely HATE that the relic gear did not upgrade to 252 like the rest of my gear from Zereth Mortis did upon completion of the Cypher console upgrades.

This makes me question who the relic gear was even for? Think about it.

If it was “bad luck protection” for a raider, they likely have a non-tier piece from the raid to use in the catalyst. Relic gear pointless.

If it was for someone who needed to catch up, how or why would they even have the high amount of relics needed to buy a single piece? Relic gear pointless.

If it was for me, the world content player to have some tier pieces, why would I want to lower my ilvl i EARNED by progressing through the cypher system making ZM daily and world quest gear more powerful? Relic gear pointless.

Now, if the relic gear had upgraded ALONGSIDE my ZM cryptic gear, now THAT would make the relic gear important, especially for the world content player like myself. I’d be able to get access to gear at the equivalent iLvl. And because this is a slow and steady system (one catalyst piece per week to start), then that means I’d be able to still get gear, even if it’s not as quick as if I were to try and get it through raiding.

The purpose of the tier gear acquisition changes was to give all types of playstyles a chance to earn their sets…but it feels bad to have to accept gear LOWER than the ilvl threshold unlocked AND earned.

The solution that makes the most sense is to ensure relic gear ilvl is increased as players progress through the cypher system, just like the cryptic gear set. Or, have the cryptic gear set be eligible for the catalyst. Either way works for me.

12 Likes