The Covenant System Never Worked

I read through the developer update and was very disheartened to read this section here:

I’m happy with the changes, but like most others, I’m frustrated with how long it took to get here. I do not like how Blizzard defends and justifies the rigidity of the covenant system in this section. The covenant system has always been a problem for players… since beta. It didn’t suddenly become a problem in 9.1.

This shows to me that there hasn’t been a true philosophical change in development. What they said about conduit energy should have been said about the covenant system too:

Right now, this isn’t giving me much faith for next expansion’s system. Are we really going to do the legion legendary, azerite armor, essences, and now covenant dance all over again? How many times do these systems have to fail on launch only to be revamped later down the line?

2 Likes

Yup. Even when they begrudgingly make the change everybody wanted, they still have to act like they’re right and we’re wrong and they’re only doing it now because it “makes sense” (as though it wouldn’t have in 9.0? The covenants being so hostile about it in the first place is what never made sense) not because players wanted it or they realized it was a terrible system.

As long as people keep giving them money they don’t care.