The core of the warlock

Warlock will continue to feel weak or glitchy until they fix the base toolkit to include better spells. Destro might seem very good now, but what’s carrying that whole spec is chaos bolt damage, once shadowlands comes out im thinking we are going to feel extremely weak in PvP. Affliction needs a lot of love, by that I mean not another damage spell but core abilities that make it more tanky. It’s a turret class with low defenses. And it’s peel (fear) is broken by just playing the spec correctly. Meanwhile classes like ww monk and DH have high mobility/high damage/ and DHs have a win condition with their mana burn. Demo is a spec with high ramp up time with little/no reward in PvP. Baseline I think we lack compared to other classes. If you take away specs and just compared core abilities (which are the bread and butter to every class) lock would definitely feel the weakest. Things like mortal coil and burning rush are a joke of a talent choice. Sorry for the rant.

The problem with warlock is we are given long cast time spells and no mobility and made tanky in return. But you cant out tank never casting in pvp or a one hit kill in pve. Blizz doesnt value on demand mobility as much as they should.

2 Likes

What’s a joke to me is the CD on our gate. A demon hunter/warrior/monk can jump on us by using their mobility that has less than a 30 second cd. Meanwhile we have to wait over a minute to be able to take gate again.

4 Likes

Thats what i call garbage class design.

2 Likes

30 second gate would be amazing. Make it so other people can only use every 1 min to 1.5 min and we get a 30 sec gate usage

3 Likes

And increase the range!

2 Likes