The company that engaged in sexual harassment, unequal pay, and retaliation wants you to sign a social contract

Not once have i EVER been suspended or banned for abusing someone in the game. 15 years.

So like I said, you either refuse to, or are incapable, of understanding. I assume the former.

2 Likes

“Do as I say, not as I do”

classic

Nobody is signing their life away. Stop with the drama. It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

All they’re asking for is the player base to be respectful towards each other. That’s it!

There’s no deep meaning behind our rights being removed from us, nothing. Stop reaching.

If you can’t be nice, git out. It’s rather simple.

2 Likes

Pretty self explanatory. Be nice or be quiet. Not a hard concept.

1 Like

Lmao this isn’t a teen dystopia novel

Good thing it doesn’t talk about enforcement until after that part, then?

They’ve already gone on record that the top part is basically just their load screen tips compiled in one place.

Temporary silences are automated. Any other action requires review.

It’s not like Afrasiabi wrote this personally. The bs at Blizzard was committed by individuals, not a giant walking blue logo. Use some common sense.

2 Likes

Yes, and now all the so-called “Nice” people are gleefully telling everyone who’s even a little apprehensive that they’re probably bigots and should cancel their sub, uninstall WoW, and yeet their PC out of a 3rd story window because that’d be best for the community.

Because
 that’s not Toxic.

We can’t have a rational adult discussion about things. No sir. Not on Blizzard’s forums. It’s their platform, therefore they’re infallible, and how very dare you?!?

MORE COPIUM! I NEED MORE COPIUM! GIVE ME! NOW!

5 Likes

Mad, no. Frustrated, yes.

Pretty sure your more likely to receive a ban than he is :grin: :

Can you link then? Would be curious to read what they said.

People are lazy and corrupt.

If they weren’t these practises wouldn’t have been tolerated and the company would’ve been dissolved.

Probably, I get ban on these forums pretty regularly, doesn’t bother me in the slightest lol.

Finally something I agree with you on. Social contract should be across all blizzard forums and games.

2 Likes

Yah, we understand that you feel that way. Interesting, a ‘social contract’ making more barriers for people to be less social

Or you know, just don’t be a jerk?
Problem solved.

So hard!!

The only thing this contract is doing is asking us to be nicer to one another. That’s literally it.

1 Like

A contract doesn’t have to ask, it just tells you how it is.

Argue all you want. It’s literally asking you one simple thing.

If you can’t do it, that’s your problem.

Git gud or git out.

if they just called it something else than contract it’d probably be fine heh.

that’s a spooky word for some ppl.

“HOW COULD BLIZZARD ASK ME TO SIGN MY LIFE AWAY”

agrees to 20 more terms of service without reading them

1 Like

I maintain that if they just hadn’t labelled it as anything and left it as a message that said “Hey, remember to try to be nice in World of Warcraft!” along with a “We’d like to remind you our Terms of Service says
” everybody would have clicked accept without a second thought.

2 Likes

I really don’t know about that. It seems like anything blizzard does, allegedly does, or doesn’t do causes some form of drama in this community. This social contract thing just gave them a name for it this time. If they had just done the popup it would’ve been “wow so blizzards being all passive aggressive now huh?” if they had started being more strict with the rules people would’ve still been shouting how blizzards become draconian.