The Community Council is Right. M+ Leavers Should Get Penalized

So people just leave at the drop of a hat whenever something goes wrong in the first half? Or strategies shift to do riskier things early on because there’s significantly less consequence to failing to execute them?

1 Like

Aww I hope your opinion of your friend didn’t lower because of me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s no discussion there, because ole boy’s take is so bad no one on the CC is going to bite.

Yes, people just leave keys now. That’s why we keep getting posts like this.

There are really only two viable options to at a minimum make things fair.

Punish the leavers, which will never happen because as I mentioned there’s a lot of “fudge you got mine” in this community.

Or alternatively, assume good faith and at least allow they key to be reset by a certain threshold. All the power remains still remains in the hand of the non-keyholders, they can decide if they want to leave or not and they continue to suffer no consequences. Just now the Keyholder can try and run it back with a different group, strategy or whatever. Without punishing them exclusively.

1 Like

It is everyone’s responsibility to make sure everyone is on the same page about what the expectations of the group are. If someone fails to meet the stated and agreed upon expectations, then that is on them. But if you get someone expecting a completion run when the other 4 think timing, but nobody said anything, then blame is on everyone.

I said this months ago and got flamed in GD for it. Now a community leader says it and all the sudden everybody turns into simps.

It’s been explained a million times. Queued content has deserter because blizz makes the group and they take additional steps to make sure they get completed, including buffs like luck of the draw and determination.

Premade group never has a leaver penalty so there’s no reason to expect M+ to have one.

Gold text may look nice but they’re no leaders.

3 Likes

That’s a whole different topic. I don’t think it really applies when talking about deserter debuffs.

There’s no deserter debuff in any premade group content. Why would you put one in m+?

1 Like

I never advocated for there to be a deserter debuff in m+

Quite the opposite actually.

Oh ok, good. Cause I’m also against it. If you don’t want the cons of inviting a complete stranger, don’t invite a complete stranger.

1 Like

I kind of like the commendation system in FFXIV.

I didn’t get very deep into that game but from what I remember, at the end of every dungeon you can award a commendation if you want to, to someone who did a good job. Tanks and healers get the most, but people like to throw some love to friendly, competant DPS too.

These commendations build up over time, allowing you, I think, to purchase special rewards for not being a butthat, but I feel like a system like this could also be used like a rating to see if you are inviting a jerk, or someone generally well liked to your party.

Also, I believe you can only give commendations to people you were auto matched with, so friends can’t team up to artificially boost eachother’s levels.

It’s not much, but its better than going into a mythic blind. Also, I think it’s always a good idea for a game to not just encourage, but actively reward good behavior. :upside_down_face:

Commendations are bad for the simple fact that you already pointed. Tanks and Healers were getting all of them. Beside, it is known that SquareEnix is aggressive on toxic behaviour. Whether that’s true or not is up for debate, but it’s been spread around so much that people are afraid to even talk, in fear of being perceived as toxic. Game is arguably a lot easier too.

There’s no way to do it that wouldn’t be abused, and m+ is premade only. M+ is not 5 man raiding, nor is it “hard mode heroic dungeons”, which seems so hard for everyone to grasp.

As someone who regularly runs 1000 per season, this is the dumbest idea in the history of ideas. I’d be more in favor of a forum ban for people who bring it up, tbh, because the discussion has been covered to death, and it always comes down to the same thing.

You’re not the main character. No one owes you their time. And pugging has risks. Don’t like the risks, don’t pug.

1 Like

That’s not true. Tanks and healers are favoured for good reason. Everyone appreciates them taking on that role. It should come with perks, really! But I still got plenty as a dragoon and a monk.

I never suggested that Blizz become like Square Enix in this way, only that if they created their own version of a commendation system, or something like it, it might help deserving players to garner good reputation (since we no longer play within a single server) which might be helpful to people forming mythic + groups. I still think this is true.

Two out of three here. I don’t really consider myself abrasive but I have been described that way so I guess the shoe does fit. Would you look at that.

why do people still think that microsoft is now part of blizzard/Act that they will be the gms?
lets look at Bethesda is microsoft doing anything about the bugs? no they are not

1 Like

I’m 100pct in support of not having keystones at all. Just have an interface like greater rifts.

2 Likes

No, you lose rating in ranked play if your teammate throws/leaves and there’s no penalty.

Nor will there be one for leaving a key.

:dracthyr_comfy_sip:

i totally agree. i should be able to trick good players into carrying me, and if they try to leave their accounts should be banned.

2 Likes