The bots today

the reality is that blizzard can’t detect fly hacks in 2021, which should be something that happens automatically just within the software…they are either A.) terrible at their jobs
od B.) have a monitary incentive to not ban bots. Either option is a slap in theface to consumers.

When we do strat we tend to go the same way every time, pulling the same things, into the same spots.

If they have some sort of bot pathing detector or something it COULD be possible it was catching that. Strat farms are methodical.

1 Like

people assume there is much more to the banning process than there is, i wouldn’t be at all shocked if they simply had an algorithm handle this process entirely. They automate EVERYTHING in order to save $$$, which is all they care about.

2 Likes

you mean let them do their damage, ban them, let them buy more boosts, and let them do their damage again.

Eh, I like bots, as some who buys everything, keeps prices low.

That’s like someone saying they’re in favor of slavery, because it keeps labor costs low, and plantation owners are able to pass the savings on to the consumers.

2 Likes

congrats on shilling for blizzard and their ruining of the game :rofl:

3 Likes

Not really, one thing actually harms people physically, botting does not

Wouldn’t say anything is ruined

So if slave owners were gentle, that would make it ok?

“Look at the low, low prices on these cotton shirts and pants. Oh, and this sticker says the cotton was picked by free range slaves. OUTSTANDING!”

1 Like

Whispers usually happen in battlegrounds.

Looks like you’ve foind an armchair IT expert.

No, it hasn’t. Try reading the entirety of the posts I linked.

I’ve seen a lot of posts and tweets from anti-vaxxers who say the same thing.

Retail be like that sometimes

It literally hasnt. You literally don’t know what you’re talking about

A lot of people who play WoW are software engineers.

I’ve used a VPN that I coded myself, and I’d love to know how one can make a claim such as:

Followed up by

While I suspect that there are some EULAs that may state that the use of VPNs is unsupported or even not allowed, it would be very difficult to enforce.

And even more so to enforce on technical people who can configure their own, using IP ranges that are not associated with known, consumer VPNs.

4 Likes

This guy gets it

This is something I tried to explain a few times. It’s not really helping us to ban a bot AFTER it’s already poured a ton of cheated resources into the market. The bot has already paid for itself and profited the owner. At this point, losing the account is just a business expense. But Blizzard is getting money off every new boost, so it’s a win for everyone except regular players. Blizzard gets to pretend they care about us and the game while they’re really just sharing the black market revenue.

In particular, this part here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.