The bots today

I just report anything I suspect is a bot.

• Gibberish name
  • Usually guildless
  • Aggressive/incessant farming tactics
  • Crap gear
  • Does not respond to whispers, if you happen to send one

Id ignored someone like you too.

1 Like

Bots are good for the game. they are fun to watch outsmart players.

Because there’s is legitimate reasons to do both of those?

Meanwhile, dozens of prot paladins getting banned for manually farming Stratholme.

GG Blizz.

2 Likes

i don’t pretend to know HOW this is done…i do however know it IS done quite often with other companies and their online games, specifically ones that do not allow using multiple accounts at once, as VPN is a way to circumvent this. The ability to make it a bannable offence and detect vpn usage exists, and has for quite some time.

I don’t think that situation is as cut and dry as people make it seem.

I do strat farming, multiple people in my guild do strat farming, none of us have been banned.

I’m not saying that there wasn’t some mis-bans in there, but a lot of people do try to play it off like they’re not doing anything outside of ToS when they are.

If they were JUST banning for farming strat I probably wouldn’t be here and nor would about 10 of my guildmates.

Whats a legitimate reason to NEED a vpn to play wow?

Bad routing, its the same reason I need a vpn to play FFXIV.

Without a VPN I DC 1/2 the dungeons I join, with one I get a better ping AND don’t DC.

Which companies prevent people from using VPNs, while playing their games?

False, just because you and your 10 friends avoided the ban hammer doesn’t mean anything. That sample size is small enough to be statistically insignificant when compared to the amount of players out there. friends of mine were banned(eventually lifted after many MANY tickets) for similar things in classic for mage farming/boosting looking too similar to bots.

2 Likes

I mean, one of the guys I play with makes like 1k a day in there every day.

I’m not saying there isn’t false positives, but many of them probably were using things not allowed.

VPNs route your internet through a proxy server…it is pretty unlikely that it lowers your ping, although not impossible.

One of my guildmates got permabanned with a message from Blizzard that they will not accept any appeals. The only thing he used was a fast-looting addon, and he thinks that might be why. We’re still not sure.

I normally don’t believe people when they say they’re innocent after a ban, but there’s far too many instances of this happening, especially to people I personally know and trust.

FFXIV is notorious for bad routing leading to higher ping, to the point that most people suggest using one to play.

if he is perma banned then just keep appealing lol…what are they going to do, perma ban him again?

I don’t THINK fast looting would do anything, I also use it (though as part of leatrix plus and not it’s own thing)

Oh, he is. He’s making a new burner account to appeal it. I still think it’s ridiculous.

I use it too, but I don’t really farm anything like that so I’m sure I wouldn’t get flagged.

the reality is that blizzard can’t detect fly hacks in 2021, which should be something that happens automatically just within the software…they are either A.) terrible at their jobs
od B.) have a monitary incentive to not ban bots. Either option is a slap in theface to consumers.