The Bot Ban/Profitability Calculation

…So what, exactly?

1. Probably a bad idea to use characters on a stolen account who might be recognized by old friends/guildmates who may be suspicious.
  2. DKs only make up a portion of the population. Not all stolen accounts will necessarily have DKs at max level and in decent gear. Clearly these botters have a strong preference for DKs, so if one doesn’t exist, of course they simply make a new one.
  3. DKs start at a high level anyway, so getting them leveled up to 80 and in a full set of PvP gear would be a trivial task if the bot can run 24/7.

Your evidence doesn’t come remotely close to proving that all these botter accounts are legitimate.

You only read what you want to read. Let me quote and highlight for you:

They are usually compromised accounts (meaning they’ve been stolen from normal players, often who are currently inactive so aren’t aware of the theft), or they are created with stolen credit cards.

which leads into this point:

In both cases, dealing with fraudulent charges costs the company money.

1 Like

They make more banning the bots. The bots bring in more income than what a new account costs. If Blizz REALLY wants to get around bots they can implement a no VPN or Proxy server clause. The fact is that they don’t want to in the name of profitability.

1 Like

wouldnt banning them regularly provide more money because they will make a new account pay another sub and try to do it again and its not like banning someone refunds their money sooo i dont really see why everyone is pretending like blizzard is being THAT strategic here I think they just dont care about the game anymore and don’t want their staff resources being spent on classic anymore than they have to leading to numerous player complaints going unheard for long periods of time, it could just be a case of employees hands being tied and can no longer put time/effort into a silly re release passion project that has a mixed reception among its active total subscriber playerbase. my guess is most blizzard staff/resource is being used on the current expansion dragonflight and they just don’t care about what happens on classic anymore like cmon the dk bot influx first showed up 3~ months ago to be an issue and no progress has been made in the slightest. time to give up on “classic” whatever the reason doesnt matter the reality is they aren’t going away.

Has Blizzard got a stock holders meeting soon. Maybe they are letting the bots loose so they can artificially show high sub numbers.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. They don’t want bots using stolen credits to make accounts because the chargebacks cost them money to deal with. They don’t want the bots to be profitable because being profitable is why they keep coming back.

It’s really quite simple to understand once you get over your confirmation bias.

They dont use stolen credit cards. Botting is a multi million dollar business that stretches from Asia all the way through Europe. They dont need fake credit cards.

You also have a lot of single, dual or 5 man individual botters who pay legitimately for their accounts.

The major issue is how cheap accounts are. Being only a monthly subscription with no need to purchase an expansion.

I think the truth is its not just profitable, it looks really good to have alllll of those extra subs + player engagement. The shareholders love that stuff.

If you knew even the slightest bit about this topic, you wouldn’t be saying this.

I know a lot more than you.

We’re looping back around because your bias is so, so strong. There is no profit over the cost of the account/sub because they MAKE FRAUDULENT PURCHASES.

You absolutely do not.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I think it’s their speculation, they are playing with the thin line between the player population and bot population, when one starts to fall the other will fall too and will take some action about it, but until that happens they are making profit out of it playing the blind eye.

I am not talking about Billy, Bob and Jane who steal mommys credit card to buy one bot. They are gutter trash, nothing but junkies a drop in the larger ocean of gold, account and bot selling.

I am talking about the large companies that create the bots, farm the gold and sell accounts. The companies that earn enough money to even sway devs who create anti botting software to work for them as well.

The above companies do not want the attention that using stolen credit cards bring. Stolen credit cards can be tracked.

You really don’t know anything, lol. Chinese “companies” don’t care.

1 Like

Now you have shown your naivety. You think the companies are only chinese?

Do you think being a Chinese company makes them stupid.

1 Like

Blizzard makes the most money by banning bots every few months in waves. That’s the way it’s always going to be.

They don’t it just takes them literal months upon months to finally take action on something so widespread.

OP is right. They’ve gutted customer support, and Classic has no priority for the limited resources they do have. More bots means more subs. Less GMs means less salaries to pay. Always follow the $$$$$

1 Like

Subs are tallied and pats on the back are given at investor meetings for them.

Chargebacks are ignored.

1 Like