The Blizzcon WoW Q and A

Did they say anything about the glaring issues with the duplicate Char names?

If many people move to the classic era realms, there will be issues with duplicates and what if someone transfers his chars at a later time, will new players be able to take these names by creating level 1 chars and what if someone moves a char to Vanilla and later decides to send the clone to TBC; will that name be blocked forever?

I found it! Neat!

yah it was literally the first time i recognized the name of someone who asked a question,lol

1 Like

When the pre patch hits, EVERYONES toon will be snapshotted and ‘saved’ , you then choose which one you freely want to play on(TBC or 4ever Classic) and the ‘clone’ is inactive, UNLESS you pay to activate that clone. So they said your clone(name and all) will be saved, but they hinted that may not be the case forever, but for the immediate future, your name will be saved.

phase 3 with the next tier content was… 5 months? or so after release for vanilla. I think 5 months of T4 content was pretty good, and you’ll still be running it until nobody needs gear.

I expect most guilds to clear SSC/TK in 1 night then move a 2nd night to T4 content.

Im not mad at all about it

I have said the same thing and people act as if there is no way it could happen…

Just like nochanges would continue. People seem to think they know what is going on with this game and then have to eat some humble pie repeatedly here lately.

Thank You,

so there will be a vanilla realm for each current server then? I thought they would make new Vanilla era realms for those that want to remain at Classic and we must transfer there.

they didnt specify , but i understand that they will be making NEW 4everClassic servers, they may use the same names or not. So your thought there is how it sounds like it will work.

But if its a few new 4everClassic servers, how would they solve the issue if 4 Adams from different realms move there?
They cant lock the name Adam for all 4 people, so that three would lose their chars name.
I feel like this is a concern some people have if not all current servers are mirrored into Classic only.

I would personally like it if they could use the name system from D2 remaster, where our battle tag is unique, but maybe this the Vanilla crowd wouldnt like, I dont know.

yah i think thats the solution they hinted at, adding a realm to your name that you came from.

But that really sounds that something else that warrants clarification for sure.

They explained in a different place all realms are mirrored, there will be a “TBC Classic” and a “Classic Era” version of each realm. They explained in the Q&A that the “Classic Era” realms may also be connected AKA merged but the name stays the same. If this is done it will be like retail where the names look like they do in Battlegrounds today to people outside your realm.

Here is the article explaining: World of Warcraft: Classic and Burning Crusade Classic Characters and Realms