The Big GOLD-Maker in Dragonflight

I have to wonder, what exactly is the big GOLD maker in Dragonflight!

And yes, I know professions are pretty lucrative. I, myself, have made (and lost) a LOT of gold with professions these last couple weeks.
But how exactly are the people who are BUYING profession stuff making the RAW gold needed to buy them? Due to the AH fee (and other gold sinks), there has to be a good influx of raw gold to compensate.

Shadowlands had the Callings, which gave 1000-2000 gold PER DAY, PER ALT, to everyone who wanted to farm them. Plus the weekly anima quest which gave about 1500g per covenant.
Even Legion and BFA had a sort of calling system, with the potential of 2000 gold for BFA.

Legion introduced emissaries, which carried over into BFA, and then into Shadowlands. Earning rep after exalted yielded a TON of gold for those who farmed.
But Dragonflight is using a renown system of reputation, which I’m not sure how emissaries work with.

WOD introduced the mission table, allowing for players to make THOUSANDs of gold every day passively. The mission table got carried over (albeit less lucrative) all the way to Shadowlands, but it doesn’t seem to be a thing in Dragonflight.

So what exactly is the big raw-gold farm that’s going to fuel the economy? Does anybody know?

1 Like

Ice fishing, i’ve made some serious bank.

I made thousands on my Evoker from Expedition Scout Packs and Disturbed Dirt.

Following this to take notes cuz i’ve been broke af since TBC

2 Likes

Are you making gold from raw gold or from selling mats on the AH?

The problem with mats is that I’m talking about the economy as a whole, not individually.

IE, if I sell 100k gold worth of mats to a crafter, and then I buy 100k gold worth of finished products from that crafter, at the end of the day, we both just lost 5k gold from the 5% AH cut.
Raw gold is needed to keep the economy running.

Yes, selling mats is very lucrative, individually, and could make you a lot of money, but it’s still not “generating” money. You’re just taking it from other players, and losing some of it to gold sinks.

Deathrolling in Dalaran sewers.

1 Like

Selling it via AH, o nce you hit rank 10 with tuskarr, you get the ability to ice fish. grab the old pick axe from the nessingwary camp to the north. Head back to the village where you have the NPC craft the ice pick, go to the middle of the map and you will see ice cracks on the lake. Open them up and you can fish for 3 minutes before it refreezes. The nodes are always up, you can get about 12-15 per node and they currently sell for around 225-300g last time I checked. 4-5kish per 3 minutes for sitting around is pretty good, if you’re lazy and hardly want to move.

Don’t open the fish though, they become soulbound afterwords.

Saw your edit, there is no tables/callings, the only raw gold maker i have found is dirt piles, about it.

why are people worried about gold in dragonflight everyones rich already my gold just sits there collecting dust guess y’all shouldn’t of unsubbed during wod.

Gathering.

most people will not give up their method of making gold because someone will post a video and kill the market over night. safest way atm is farm hebs/ore since the bots cant do it with dragon riding

5k gold is a day worth of vendoring grays, I am pretty sure there is plenty more gold being generated vs being lost

The moment when gold can be exchange for a month of play via token, developer will be there to nerf whatever that give fun amount of gold.

I use to farm old raids and dungeons. But not now.

Playing other games already.