The Big Druid Bug list

Is there some sort of changelog to show what is fixed in each week’s maintenance?

I haven’t seen a single fix for druids so far :frowning:

It did work. Swinging a 2 hander as a skeleton at 1 aps was hilarious.

Oh! I meant with regards to shadow form. I remember druids running around as form shifted pirates.

Just wanted to add that Night Elves also have the same issue with getting taken out of aquatic form when you surface for too long. It’s very annoying and unnatural. I don’t know if its better or worse than Tauren, but it definitely happens very frequently.

This discussion is about Vanilla so TBC knowledge is irrelevant. The only ability I see being applicable here would be Warlock’s Drain Mana, which is very rarely used at all, especially on Druids. However, my understanding is that druids should never lose mana while shifted. Mana Burn is still going off on druids whether or not they shift mid cast which is a bug. Viper sting is still draining mana which is a bug as well, this makes Hunter vs Druid a trivial fight

Memory is inherently a bad thing to rely on when evaluating if a mechanic is bugged or not.

Current behavior right now is that Savories not only don’t cloak shapeshifting, but the buff is actually removed entirely when a druid shifts. The common consensus is that Deviates do cloak shifting just as Noggenfogger does (which also doesn’t work). I myself don’t know 100% if Deviates do cloak shifting, but I can say that every 1.12 server I’ve ever played on allows shifting to be cloaked. I can’t see any reason for it not cloaking shifts. As it stands right now, druids are the only class for which Savory Deviate Delight is basically a useless item which seems wrong to me. At the very least, the buff should remain whether or not it cloaks the shift or not

What we know for sure is that Noggen 100% does cloak shifting in vanilla, as proven by the video linked in the OP.

You mentioned shadow form, and seem to be saying that shadow form removes Savory. If that’s the case, then that’s even more evidence that Deviates are not working as intended. Savory deviates should 100% cloak shadow form so if this is the case it means SDD is running with mechanics that aren’t 1.12

Found more clarification on the mana drain issue from blizzard’s own site that confirm the ability is bugged

Viper Sting - Stings the target, draining X mana over Y sec. Only one Sting per Hunter can be active on any one target. This sting should be used against casters with mana. PvP: This spell cannot be used on Warrior and Rogue targets. In addition, while it can be used on a Druid target at any time it will only drain mana when the Druid is in caster form. Viper sting will not drain mana from Druids while they are shapeshifted.

https://web_.archive._org/web/20060820104815/http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunter-spells.html

Also showing the issue has been known for 5 months

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/beta-bug-list-report-v2-druid-concerns/197719

1 Like

It appears viper is bugged. Unless there was some change from 1.12->TBC, drain mana definitely impacted the mana bar for the duration of the channel after a form shift. Does mana burn currently still finish the cast on a bear?

I don’t know in PVP, but I had a mob finish casting a mana burn on me in Azshara a few weeks ago.

I know for a fact that it’s still possible in live considering Blizzards complete lack of action on these issues and no patch updates given as to fixing it

If you’re saying mana drain is still possible that would also be a bug.

Viper is still live

We can use the same line of thinking from blizzard’s own site to confirm these are bugs.

From https://web_.archive._org/web/20060902092306/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest-spells.html

Mana Burn - Drains X mana from a target. For each point of mana drained in this way, the target takes Y damage. This is a useful ability against enemies with mana. Select the monster and look for a mana bar.

I’m not playing a warlock this go around, so I’m not aware. If it’s able to be cast on form, that’s a bug. The spell did indeed finish the channel after a shift in 1.12 and I received mana back from it. I didn’t ever speak to druids about it before TBC came out, so I’m unsure whether or not they lost the mana like they did in TBC. I’ll test mana burn tonight on bear with my druid friend and let you know if that’s a thing.

I mean honestly at this point all forms of mana drain are bugged when it comes to druid

And if by some chance mana drain actually continued to drain mana from druids, even in the 1.12 client, this should be patched out and drain mana should cancel on shapeshift

Why? That was potentially part of Vanilla and definitely a well known mechanic in TBC arena. It should be confirmed as to whether or not that was a change from Vanilla->TBC. If not, it should be left as it was.

Mate Blizzard isn’t gonna confirm or deny a damn thing about this class

I mean from players or videos. Blizzard won’t confirm a damned thing in general.

The odds of finding a vanilla video of a druid getting mana drained and shifting is basically zero.

Mana burn and viper sting are the far bigger culprits here. No warlock would use mana drain ever against a druid in normal circumstances.

But since we’ve confirmed that viper sting and mana burn both are bugged and should not work on shifted druids as they are right now, we can safely also patch mana drain as well if it does happen to also be bugged.

TBC mechanics are irrelevant

TBC mechanics are relevant if there weren’t changes between TBC and Vanilla. TBH you’re starting to come across as just wanting your class buffed… Also, unless the mana that I was getting in 1.12 was coming from nowhere, it definitely hit the mana bar.

If by “buffing” my class you mean fixing the bugs in the OP then absolutely.

If by “fixing” the “bugs” in the OP, you mean fixing some mechanics that are definitely bugs in Classic and other mechanics that you find inconvenient but were likely part of Vanilla, sure. You don’t see me defending mana burn potentially hitting in bear, do you? That’s because that’s obviously a bug, whereas the mana drain thing is most likely NOT a bug.

Added Innervate to the bug list

At least one of these issues has at least been acknowledged by blizzard. Now the only question is do Deviates also cloak shifting?

Noggenfogger Elixir does not retain the skeleton model on a shapeshifted Druid

I made a video showing how bad this is

2 Likes