The 'BfA is two expansions in one' Theory (Very Long)

With this theory, however, the Sylvanas and Saurfang plot would have been a background thing for much of the first expansion, only really coming to a head in the pre-patch event later, the War of Thorns. It also makes ‘Old Soldier’ make far more sense, as it would take place prior to the Burning and makes Saurfang look like an aged veteran tired of a war he feels will never end, wanting a warrior’s death, rather than trying to die to escape his guilt.

This lines up far more with the tone of the cinematics, which I’m fairly certain had to have been made before the plotline we got was even finalized.

Honestly, I just don’t think anything can ever make me like that plot. But I admit it would at least make somewhat more sense if spaced out.

1 Like

This is why I prefer MoP > BFA.

It is fine to have secondary stories be separated from the main story, as long as they don’t completely overtake the main narrative. Which basically happened in BFA. The faction war for the most part was done with the battle for Dazar’alor. The alliance destroying the bulk of the Golden Fleet basically put the Alliance navy > Horde Navy.

Meanwhile the faction conflict started the Sha plotline with the destruction of Yu’lons statue, which unleashed the Sha of Doubt. And a chain reaction soon followed. We also had things like the Divine Bell and later on the Heart of Y’shaarj to connect the two throughout the story.

1 Like

Blizzard still has Kel’thuzad somewhere out there. And Archimonde is in lore limbo as blizzard can easily reverse their decision to keep him dead due to the whole “mythic ending vs cinematic ending” debate.