The best alliance warlock class

I feel like it always ends up being human, especially for pvp, but I’m curious if there are alternative thoughts.

I primarily want to be a PvE hero.

Was thinking voidelf.

Then do it!

The difference between racials when it comes to DPS is tiny. Like 1% tiny. Actually less.

So absolutely pick your race based on what racials seem fun and the aesthetics. Even at the tippity top of wow racials don’t make enough of a difference most of the time (some exceptions do apply lol)

Void elf now, but waiting for the next character services sale to switch. The racial teleport sounds cool in theory, but is really hard to use effectively

3 Likes

I just have a hard time passing up EMFH and the 10% rep gain increase. But I might switch to velf for the aesthetic if I do end up going Venthyr in Shadowlands.

Don’t underestimate Preternatural Calm. No spell pushback was/is one of the primary draws for me to the VE.

1 Like

Agree with Saoren. I was human, shifted to VE just coz I was bored. EMFH is very useful in PVE. Still hit that keybind out of sheer habit. Also 10% rep bonus is big at the start of an expansion.

I could see that in PvP. For PvE though I don’t seem to utilize it in many scenarios

It’s true, there aren’t as many mobs/bosses that have spell pushback, but there are some, I also play a Boomchicken/Resto and do notice it in Balance (Night Elf) on occasion.

I was Human for 10-odd years and this along with the Dark Iron Dwarves are the only Allied Races I care for. While it would be chuckle-worthy to have a DI Warlock, I just couldn’t do that to my beloved toon, but Void Elf felt at least a bit thematic.

The Dark Iron is probably best as a Warrior but I created mine as a Paladin.

Do you!

The pushback racial is also one of those behind the scenes things you probably forget about over time, so I wonder if I’ll notice it more after I switch.

I would love to have the contrast of the plate-looking heritage armor on a caster, but can’t be asked to level from scratch again haha