The Battle of Lordaeron

It wasn’t a victory because the objective (for the horde, not sylvanas) was to capture the tree not destroy it. Its purpose was to end the war not fan the flames of war forevermore.

Apart from that, Teldrasil for a lot of horde players represents a betrayal by the writers for putting them in that position and forcing another soo2, and inflicting a wound on their identity from which they can never recover.

9 Likes

Notable details between Undercity / Lordaeran and Teldrassil.

The Alliance gave the Horde ample time to begin evacuations. They set up outside the city gates, the Horde have a quest allowing them to evacuate citizens. SI:7 agents are attacking to stir unrest. But otherwise, the Horde do not suffer nearly as much losses.

You find NPCs from Brill and Lordaeran all over Orgrimmar. Can’t say much the same for the Alliance given they lose an entire’s zone’s worth of people.

A. SI:7 agents are literally killing Forsaken civilains in the Undercity
B: There are approximately 3 Forsaken NPCs from the Undercity in Orgrimmar. The rest are random Forsaken Refuge NPCs

3 Likes

That would be the Devs and writers behind said event.

3 Likes

This entire expansion has been bad. I don’t think there’s any other way to say it than that. I don’t think I know a single person coming out of BFA who is happy at all with the expansion’s story.

5 Likes

The unforunate thing about this is, unlike how Northrend was just a boat ride away and so the Forsaken could and did set up bases all across its south coast, the Shadowlands aren’t as readily available to the armies.

We might, and I hope we do, see Forsaken big names deal with Sylvanas (…which I guess is just Voss really, possibly Belmont, they need more characters; in an ideal world, Faranell). But the Forsaken as a society I doubt will appear, just because there’s no good way to bring entire armies into the Shadowlands.

Which really sucks because, yeah, it’s repeating the same issue of them not being involved in ICC all over again.

1 Like

Then again BFA was kind of pointless in terms of a Faction War. It probably play little better if it was a South Seas Expansion/Black Empire instead of being what it is now.

These people:

1 Like

I would had liked if ‘The Battle of Lordaeron’ started at Silverpine Forest, after the Alliance’s retaking of Gilneas; then encroaching upwards and around the bend into Tirisfal glades, break the borderline defenses / disable the cannons at the shoreline allowing the ships to roll in then push to annihilate Brill, then push to the Siege of Lordaeron.

Atleast that way we’d get an experience from both factions pushing their assault.

2 Likes

The Night Elves are already dead.

What’s afew Forsaken more to them?

It depends on how you view it.

Lordaeron was a pyrrhic victory for the Alliance.

In a strategist’s eyes: that’s bad. That’s way worse than losing the battle.

In an overall mission statement: They failed to occupy the land, but forced the Horde into a scorched earth tactic to prevent the Alliance from both taking Lordaeron and occupying its territory, thus ousting them from the region.

3 Likes