The awful state of rogue in pvp

Congrats blizz, you,ve done it again.

I recently rolled rogue after some time and am disgusted at the state of rogue in PvP and PvP in general.

• STEALTH STILL RANDOMLY FALLS OFF ALL THE TIME THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER XPAC
  • The few random times I actually get to play my character in PvP, and if I didnt have to use my damage CDs defensively, I try to get some dmg out, but just get micro stunned/rooted by random abilities that are part of the standard dps rotations.
  • I get 2-3 shot by pretty much every other melee, it’s more like 1-2 in a stun (of which demon hunter somehow has 2!!! wtf)
  • As soon as there’s more than 1 caster I have 0 chance of catching up to anyone as I’m moving around @ 15% movement speed the whole fight AND
  • Somehow rogue has 0 ways of removing slows??? How the hell does sprint not remove slows in PvP???
  • It’s incredibly tilting trying to get any restealth off as every faceroll class puts 2+ 15+ sec DoTs on me by defualt
  • Kicks dont do anything anymore, as all casters just cast can cast something else straight away, on top of the fact you for some reason decided to homogenise interrupts
  • Blind, Gouge, etc are useless if the target has any DoTs, of which there are infinite and applied by almost everyone automatically these days
  • Whatever burst i can do every ~1-2 minutes is completely negated by almost any short (10-30 sec) healing cd
  • Every other class has enormous self heals (for some reason, even though healers are the strongest i can ever remember them) that can heal a significant chunk of my dmg
  • Somehow, rogues have no tankiness and pitiful self heals

Well done blizz, I rage quit PvP yet again, but I guess you dont care, since PvP hasnt had any real love and attention since about MoP.

2 Likes

Who wants to tell him rogue has been run in most every arena cup this expansion…

5 Likes

Given the current bug with CloS regarding snares I agree that the nerf to the PVP talent Sprint makes no sense given how many snares fly around in PVP.

Although the current PVP sprint talent makes it a weaker version of Burst of Speed due to reduced CD.

I am pretty sure Blind removes DoTs but Gouge does not!

Rogue healing is balanced around stealth+ shadow dance due to Soothing Darkness and Recuperator. But Recuperator is bugged so yeah not many builds you can make that do not use Shadow Dance for out of stealth sustain or burst builds while having decent healing. This is why Leeching is criminally under tuned compared to where it was at in Mists of Pandaria.

Rogues do have tankiness due to double Feint Charges and Evasion reducing damage while it is up.

The problem is that Rogues have to juggle buttons for defense and offense which is fine and balaned in arena but very punishing in any other PVP situation.

Rogue PVP currently hinges around shadow dance and cheap shot usage which is very one dimensional and you just tunnel.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

the major problem rogue is the 6 seconds to break combat.

it was 5 seconds for decades. that needs to be brought back. 6 seconds is WAY too long for most classes to counter. yet rogue has miliseconds to react to most classes, but when we’re countered they get almost 2 seconds to do so. 1 second for reengaging combat and 1 second to keep us out of stealth with a spell/debuff before we can even get away.

2 Likes

Master saifu speaks the truth.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing: