The AV 6 min Drek rush

I will boldly assume you play horde… seems that way from your response.

Firstly, he is not full of crap. From an Alliance solo queue perspective, he will lose the majority of games. So the 90% loss rate is about right ( although I think it’s too low tbf)

And secondly, he did not say “it was the same group”. He said

The specific group of people rushing Drek in 6 mins are pre-made teams.

Now from a horde perspective, when the gates open you will see either a pre-made team (and lose regularly) or a solo queue non-premade team (who Horde get to rofl-stomp into dust). A premade Alliance team meeting a Horde team that defends well (eg uses IBT choke etc) could easily be delayed and lose their 6 min zerg. Horde do have a chance to win from there and will do if the Alliance premade decide to bail out at that point, take a deserter buff and re-queue.

I’ve been in those games and it’s pretty brutal for alliance to come back after being short roughly 20 players at the start. It usually ends up with horde camping SHGY while we complete bunkers and GYs.

What I’ve seen alliance groups do recently is what horde AV groups use to do was sitting in galvs room to wipe the alliance zerg. It’s not a bad strat while you wait for more players but I’ve never seen it win for them before (only two games so far) . Blizzard needs to remove AV group numbers to prevent the discord premades so that alliance solo queuers aren’t thrown to the wolves when other premades decline the queue.

I would LOVE this. But you know as well as I do that epic alliance tears would flow if AV was fair and even.

And this is relevant to my statistics, how?

I completed my entire AV grind to Exalted on alliance side in single que pugs for two reasons. The first is that I know full well that alliance premades are skewing the pvp rankings for anyone not in the premades and causing “dropped que” games where alliance start horribly undermanned because only 20 of the premade ppl got into the same game so they drop the que and retry. Secondly, because the “premades” running on alliance side are primarily just pugs with comms as most are saying and as a veteran vanilla pvper the 7 minute zerg with no ability to adapt when thwarted sickens me.

That being said, there are some things that are not being discussed in real terms here due to completely 1 sided opinions. So here is a reality check. Horde que times are 30-40 minutes and alliance que times are instant, why? because horde have way way way more people queing than alliance in general. Now why would that be you ask? well I can tell you why, because the vast majority of people coming back for classic have a greater understanding of game mechanics than they did the first time around and so the vast majority of pvpers rolled horde this time around for the superior racial talents. Alliance premades did not cause the long ques, horde turtling does not cause the long ques, the only thing that causes long ques for horde is the sheer number of you queing as opposed to how many alliance que. This will never change unless faction changes are offered.

Now for some real facts about the AV landscape itself. Yes, drek can be pulled and the wm’s can be glitched, this is a fact. The other fact is that our marshals line up like good little boys along the back wall with vann and vann can be pulled and killed in a corner of the room while 2-3 marshals stand there and watch. Neither side has a flawless setup and the exploits can be used on either faction so long as the group in play knows how to exploit them.

2 true advantages do exist for horde however, one being the easy access back door to dun baldar which makes our bridge entirely obsolete, the other is that the horde starting area is simply closer to mid than the alliance one, allowing horde to cut us off there almost every game (mind you a lot of this is because alliance don’t stick together nearly as well as horde pugs)

So bottom line here, you are all idiots looking at this from a single perspective when in reality, 99% of the problem with AV right now in classic is literally because of how many pvpers rolled horde for classic. Everything else is just petty squabbles and people flinging blame cause they are pissed off at the current state of things.

SOLUTION!!! every horde reading this post either un-subs or re-rolls alliance. kthxbye!

At the start of the game have the entire team recall to your base… Wipe them at the choke point… They’ll likely AFK out right there and you’ll have a free max honor win.

/fixed

Meta is actually 5 minutes now.

1 Like

lol you dont realize a 6 min game for us then 40 minutes in queue nets 3000 honor an hour; a 30 min game with that queue nets 6-8k an hour that is why we wont roll over dead or play your bad meta; I’ll give you the solution to this problem once I hit rank 14…

You ever tried to herd cats?

Because that’s what you’re trying to do with a horde PuG.

1. Make it so Drek and Vann will not spawn unless thier warmasters or marshals are dead.

2. Remove the numbers so you don’t know which BG you are joining.

3. Make it so that if you leave a queue you have deserter debuff.

There are a lot of problems with AV, like horde MUST kill a lot of the NPCs around Vann’s keep. They are all over the place and its virtually impossible to not aggro them. Also, the db towers must be addressed by horde. We cant just run past them and carry on because of the NPC we have to kill. Those towers shred us. Alliance doent have to worry about the horde towers at all.

There are things wrong in AV that give advantage to both sides. The things I listed would take care of many of the issues.

1 Like

When you have a herd of cats and one saucer of milk it’s easy. When you have a herd of cats and no milk, you have the alliance side

Ain’t no saucer of milk

LMFAO at hordes crying about 6 minute drek rush…

I guess you guys didnt actually play vanilla and TBC…

That is what AV was 6-10 minute rush to drek/vann.
pull and all in and win or loose.

normally we were geting reports on the health the other generals health.

6-10 minutes IS WHAT AV SHOULD BE …
not 30 minute turtle fudging …

1 Like

The saucer of milk is IB…

You played vanilla in a different dimension than I did. This never happened in vanilla. 6 min AV finish? Nope not a single time did this ever happen. 15-20 min were the fast matches. I ranked to 11 on vanilla. I spent a LOT of time in AV.

1 Like

Whatever happened to #NOCHANGES thing? This strategy is not griefing nor is it impossible to stop. You simply have to run over and fight them off preventing them from getting to drek’s room. Eventually it will kill their motivation and fall apart.

They don’t do that. They just teleport back instantly.

Sorry t break it to you but that was like only the last 3 months of vanilla before TBC.

Before that AV was truly an EPIC battleground to play. 25 minutes was the fast AV 45 minutes was the norm and sometimes 2-3 hours can happen often.

The truly hard fights lasted longer.

My longest ever which was amazing started on a Friday night and ended on Saturday afternoon. I fought in that AV for 19 hours my friend…

Some people went to bed and found themselves in the same battle the next day.

But the few of us who decided to do the all nighter in that battle was truly intense. All Summons expended, 5 times did we go back and forth from horde base to alliance base pushing each-other.

That was the AV that I was hoping to play again in Classic!

1 Like

You always have to remember that you are asking for help from the devs that created BFA and will now prolly sink the titanic shadowloands expansion as well.

This isnt the original blizz dev team. If you demand changes like little cry babies they might actually do it and given their trackrecord, just make it worse.

Unless its a simple honor adjustment, do not let them touch the game please.

Feel free to test your herding capabilities as a PUG horde and get back to me