The Auction House Joins the WoW Companion App—Now Live!

The Auction House Joins the WoW Companion App—Now Live!

After a long hiatus, the Auction House becomes a part of the WoW Companion App with the release of patch 9.2.7.

View Full Article

24 Likes

Omg it’s back!

7 Likes

Goddamit, i was on a roll hating the game, and now this.

6 Likes

Awesomeness.

5 Likes

Remember when this was removed?

When asked if there were any plans to bring the AH back to the Companion app, executive directory John Hight gave an answer best described as “probably, but.” After discussing the reasons why it was removed in the first place — it wasn’t getting much use, it was extremely vulnerable to exploits via automation

PHONE BOTS ARE BACK BOYS!

12 Likes

Yay this is the best news ever! Staying on top of my in-game finances while on the throne felt so freeing.

4 Likes

What do you mean phone bots? Like addons for the app for automation?

Ruh Roh Raggy!!!

1 Like

Yeah, mobile AH had lots of them.

You can run an emulator and run the App, and then mod it with bots without the hassle of actually logging into the game servers and having an avatar interact with the AH UI.

That was one of the big reasons they got rid of it.

3 Likes

Lol, next gen lazyness there. I imagine they’ve updated the code to address such things, but if not who cares. I personally enjoyed re-posting my items at night in bed, waking up to some cash flow, and re-posing. Not having to actually use the in-game AH is a yuge convenience. If this lasts into DF, i may reconsider getting it.

3 Likes

Ok but does it also include the mailbox, otherwise its just for browsing

4 Likes

Don’t worry it’s Blizz , they’ll probably do something next week that will fuel the hate once more

I remember using the armory tool years ago was a fun way to post auctions easily. Nice to see this is an option now as well.

1 Like

Lol, “did we say auction house, we meant the mobile app will now be accessible for only 10$, TY fans, now please just turn around and position yourself on this table”

2 Likes

Looks like it’ll be a slow roll out to past expectations.

Due to our desire to provide an Auction House experience in a more immediate timeframe we have excluded listing items for sale.

What! I’m quitting again!

Wait theres a WoW companion app?

1 Like

1 Like

Lmao they bring back the mobile auction house, but you can’t sell anything.

What a joke.

10 Likes

Auction interface where you can’t actually put up items for auction…that’s literally the dumbest implementation they could have chosen. The previous iteration of the mobile AH limited how many items you could list in a 24-hour period, that was fine. The best feature - that’s still missing from the actual in-game AH - was that you could post auctions directly from your bank.

It’s, uhm, cute that they say they want to evaluate how people use the mobile AH - why would I ever use it if I can’t post items for sale? I don’t buy stuff, I only sell stuff. This is 100% useless to me, and I don’t often speak for others, but I’m gonna venture a guess that I’m not alone in that opinion.

7 Likes