The AR myth debunking Megathread. Why your favorite allied race won't become an AR

Allied Races in their current forms are extensions of their Base Races culture. Speculation is fun, but just don’t hype yourselves so much that you’ll end up being disappointed when they continue with the current AR trend.

1 Like

Lets look at it a different way. The more you have of something, the less special it becomes. Kinda like warmode. Fewer allies in warmode, but for those willing to turn it on, it feels like a special club for those brave enough to serve the alliance at battle.

Allied Races in their current forms are extensions of their Base Races culture. Speculation is fun, but just don’t hype yourselves so much that you’ll end up being disappointed when they continue with the current AR trend.

Basically the point I am trying to get across. Remember how much people wanted Vykrul and we got fat humans? Ya… Something like that could happen again.

Ok, let’s stick with that line of thinking. The fat people club, they are a very small very special kind of club.

The Zandalari club, they are HUGE like 3X or 4X the the size of the fat people club…and their club seems a lot more special and A LOT more fun.

So yea, your analogy doesn’t really work. People play the things they find fun, they don’t play the things they don’t find fun. There is no “oh it’s smaller so it’s more special club”, it’s actually the ABSOLUTE OPPOSITE of that.

Eh. Ya know what. I concede. You win in that regards.

1 Like

People like speculating about things. I actually don’t think we will have more allied races next expansion, at least I hope they won’t. Way too much time/resources are going into those at the expense of real content. People just aren’t going to keep leveling up alts.

It’s the opposite for me, we have guesses for the most popular but if we don’t get those then what are we getting??? :3

I’m still team Danger Noodle or riot, but the reality has set in and I don’t expect them to be playable at this point.

1 Like

I vote mechavulpin, Lightforged, vampire, snake elfs as the next allied race. That way. Everyone is happy!

3 Likes

The HOTS team releases quality, professionally done models and content and HOTS is a free game. Hard to believe they work for the same company as the WOW Dev’s do.

Due to the poor quality and total lack of attention to details, I really do not care if they add anymore AR’s in WOW or not. They release them unfinished, of a very amateur quality at best, with lots of issues. They have never fixed any of them and most likely never will. Hard to get enthused about garbage.

Yeah, but that doesn’t exclude ones they are already in current expansion.

It also makes excuses or tells half-truths when asked about future content they are not yet willing to talk about. Like when asked if lightforged draenei would be playable, they answered that all they wanted with the lightforged was to show a different kind of draenei.

There’s no reason to make model with so many details if there’s no future plans for them. Compare mechagnomes or vulpera to other NPC races from BfA, like blood trolls, quillboars or even sethrak. There’s a lot more resources being spent on the former two.

Vrykul
Eredar
Man’ari

Vrykul do not have nearly as much work as Vulpera or mecha gnomes, and manari and eredar are the same thing, just texture recolours of draenei

Yes, the eredar are just 3 NPC-only single-faced skins for the standard draenei model.

One thing I do want to point out is that if you check wowmodelviewer, you will notice Gilgoblin males actually have more animations in them than the Vulpera models do. And the thing is that Gilgoblins literally have dozens of animations that are never ever used on their npcs. Things such as dancing emotes, talking emotes, mount riding emotes. Just something to keep in mind.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Gilgoblins have literally every animation needed since I assume they’re all directly ported in from the regular goblin. The reason the vulpera are missing so many is because their altered skeleton (tail, legs) and entirely new faces/ears mean every animation must be reworked to fit.

When the new Vulpera models first hit the beta servers they actually had many more animations than they do now, only they were buggy as all hell because they weren’t updated. They removed the ones that weren’t ready and then slowly added them back one at a time. (of course, they never did finish all of them, or at least, if they did, they didn’t put them into live or PTR servers)

What would be interesting is if the new gilgoblin models started getting CUSTOM animations. That would be telling.

1 Like

I always found questing Voldun to so much fun. The conflict between the Vulpera and Sethrak is quite cool and I love the music. I think they did a great job on the models too.

What would be interesting is if the new gilgoblin models started getting CUSTOM animations. That would be telling.

Something I would really love, but I am not getting my hopes up too much is if they got bioluminescent hair and fins. However custom animations? If I am being honest, I expect the animations to be relatively the same even if they do get model updates, but then again. Dark iron did get some custom ones too.

I think even if they’re destined to be NPCs, they need a custom swimming animation. (Custom side swimming and backswimming would be hard evidence to deny should they show up too)

1 Like

I gave examples. I am just going by Blizzards history on this. AR’s are literally offshoots of existing races.

You might have an AR argument with Vulpera as an offshoot of Panda’s. But for some reason you all are stuck on “Vulpera are an AR of Goblins.”

Again: Giblins are an AR for Goblins.

Y’all’s argument is basically like saying “KT are related to Panda’s because they’re big boned.”

Vulpera would be considered a new race.

2 Likes

allied race=blizzard cash grab

To add to this. Even though they did say that allied races aren’t sub races, actions speak louder than words. So far 8 races have come out and they’ve always been the same racial type. Only 4 left and mechagnomes are highly speculated as a gnome AR. It doesn’t look like the pattern will change. And should it really change at this point considering that the first 8 allied races followed such a pattern?

That said. I also agree with the OP in the way that people tend to get a bit too confident at times about what may or may not be an allied race. I’ve done this before admittedly too. There may be stuff ahead we don’t know of at times point that will change everything.

2 Likes