The Animal Companion Talent is horribly bugged

Please post any M+/mythic/heroic/normal parse that supports this claim.

Consider pet death, flying, zoning/phasing out, vehicle use, pet bugs requiring resummon, or any other number of bugs/circumstances which mean you don’t have your pet always ready, there’s a lot. Also consider that while yes, waiting upwards of twenty-seconds before a pull is feasible, but is also incredibly boring, and also a huge liability in PvP.

1 Like

Zoning/phasing seems legit like a problem, as I could see that if the 2nd pet took 20s that could suck.

I’ll likely not roll a Hunter in a little while, but think I’ll only go AC for more theme / flavor, but switch it out when being more “serious” (it’s only a game, but sometimes you gotta :stuck_out_tongue:)…

Do things that affect the normal pet also affect the AC pet? Like the healing (Exhilaration?), or B.Wrath frenzy, etc? Tool tip just says it obeys KC but not the pet type ability :thinking:

It gets healed the same and affected by the damage boost abilities, just it cant use most of its own abilities,if any. Plus the firs pet only does 60% of its own damage.

1 Like

Yes, Territorial Instincts is EXTREMELY bugged! I have NEVER been able to get it to work. As soon as my pet is killed (or if Blizzard decides to random dismiss it after a Solo Shuffle round like they randomly do and I miss this since it is random) then I CANNOT use Intimidation at all!
Blizzard STOP dismissing my pet when I start a Solo Shuffle round or even after death! You do this randomly and if I am focused on something else (like actually playing the objective) this makes it so I will go out to battle WITHOUT my pet and start attacking/defending unaware!
Also, If I use Camouflage and THEN notice my pet is missing and summon it, it is NOT stealthed and my position is revealed! Just make the pet also stealth! This is like receiving a Purple Nurple AFTER getting kicked below the belt!

gosh…it’s almost as if it should be a glyph that makes call pet call 2 pets instead of one, and the 2nd one is just cosmetic, and doesn’t actually matter.

People who want to have 2 pets on screen…happy
People who want to have 1 pet on screen…happy
People who want to not have to worry about it being bugged and causing problems…happy.

Sometimes, the solution presents itself.

1 Like

When did you reroll to necromancer?

3 Likes

Because your second pet also kill commands, and your pet damage gets reduced by 35%, but you gain two pets, which you’re now doing 130% damage. AC is a massive dps gain for BM hunter, not taking it is massive trolling. Learn how BM actually works before telling others.

Then get a weak aura to remind you or just macro summoning a pet into kill command or something.

just want to make sure you know… you’re arguing with a comment that is pre-COVID. patches, updates, tweaks, and changes have come out since this comment was made.

I am posting in a bug post forum for Blizzard to see and fix the bug as instructed by Blizzard.
This is a very weird thing for me to be told to post in a forum for people to then make ridiculous comments on without me even knowing if Blizzard is fixing the issue.
People will never care as much about an issue as the person experiencing it. This is why regular companies have you exclusively talk to customer service.
I will strive to find a way to do that from now on as I am seeing the strangest comments on here from people who are clearly trolling such as something about rerolling to a necromancer, and now you telling me something which may be helpful to you (which I appreciate) but I would rather Blizzard just fix the issue.
The point is that when you play a game you expect it to work in all aspects. A weak aura wouldn’t work for the same reason having the issue be broken doesn’t work (you have to be paying attention and devoting mental resources to THAT specific thing which detracts from many other things also not working, the fight ahead, etc.).
If you are trying to be helpful then I appreciate that.
If I have too many addons, Weak Auras, etc. I get more errors.
I am already having to re-position Windows that are randomly moving or addons that switch off partially or completely or do strange things etc. I also have to check the enemy team, change my talents, communicate with my team, etc.
Imaging going to your vehicle to drive to work every day and then suddenly jumping into your car just to find your seat is missing or being pulled over by a police officer who tells you that your license plate is missing from your vehicle AFTER you are already driving! Having to make phone calls because you are dealing with a sick relative, child, etc. coordinate/navigate a disaster brewing at your job first thing in the morning, get your coffee, breakfast/lunch/dinner, shower, etc. (sometimes in that order) and see if some reminder/pop-up on your phone that tells you to check for your license plate randomly disappearing, your seat randomly disappearing, or anything else disappearing and see if you have the ability to pay attention to that! I am just saying. Some things just shouldn’t happen. When they do, we are not always expecting this nor do we always have the ability to see reminders that alert us to potential issues. We try our best, but ultimately would like for the working product we pay for to work.

I’m not sure what you mean about this necromancer unless you are spinning a pun on my pet “summoning” comments?
I also noticed I posted on the wrong forum.
Blizzard customer service has been telling me to post on the bug forum the bugs I encounter and then I am encouraged to go to the forum and see if someone already posted about it, when I should probably just find a better way to get Blizzard to fix the issue.
When an issue that occurs is soo bothersome that it makes you reach out to support, you are not always in the most Zen of modes. You would rather a huge world-wide company have a smooth process to fix the issue. Especially when it relates to a competitive game while I am competing and pushing for rating/rewards at the end of a season, etc.

Blizzard did finally fix this issue now though so I appreciate your comment, and everyone else’s comments, to boost the algorithm.

You posted on a 5 year old thread that isnt even relevant.

1 Like

Necromancer as in you necroed a post…aka brought a dead post back to life. This issue has been fixed long long ago. I just want to know how in the hell did you find this thread and not notice it was from 5 yrs ago lol.