The alternative to not having LFD is much worse, Classic Lead devs

Tell me you’re not an engineer without telling me

Gonna need receipts on this,

The reason they don’t want to is it makes them more money, and relenting this quickly would show their intended design (they said they “thought” the playerbase would like no-LFD) does not fit with players.

It’s arrogance.

Well, they didn’t have any of the data from Classic, that’s the problem. Classic itself is built on a modified Legion/BFA client as a foundation for the game itself.

For Wrath though, they have the coding, not to mention all the current private servers that are active plus the actual 3.3.5 client is out to download from various sources.
So it is entirely possible for them to work Dungeon Finder/RDF into Wrath, but honestly, I’m anti-dungeon finder myself cause A. I have a guild that actually runs stuff and will continue to run stuff and B. it’d be nice having to find the entrances of each dungeon again.

Will I change my mind and eventually want dungeon finder? Yeah, probably, ya know, when I start wanting to be lazy, but at the start? Nahhhh, I’ma love not having dungeon finder, regardless of coding.

Also, before anyone says anything about them adding Dungeon Finder, I said possible, not feasible, because there’s no telling what kind of state Blizz’s Wrath is in.

click on search and start doing it.

I did dude but all I found were articles on how lfd destroyed the game DUDE What’s the name for that again??

Low IQ reader

1 Like

“X destroyed the game” is incredibly common for everything.

I’ve seen people saying it about pet battles.

Do you think DPS has an easier time spamming trade chat though? Whatever state grouping in the game is at, RDF only makes it better, even if slightly

You really don’t know what you’re talking about.

A couple guys running a private server can make dungeon finder work, and Blizz can’t? Get real.

2 Likes

RDF was the beginning of the ‘faceless NPC’ mindset. However, just RDF (and server locked) alone would not do that. It’s when LFR came in, then CRZ that it really got bad.

I truly believe that the only reason they aren’t including LFD is so people will be more pressured into buying boosts.
Classic leveling is super fun for sure and leagues better than retails leveling, but what’s not fun is sitting in a capital city spamming “LF TANK”.
People are going to look at the time they are wasting searching for a group and realize time is money.
Costs like $60 to buy a boost, but who cares when you are spending 4 hours looking for a tank. It’s all a money scheme.

You you know that we’re on a Retail client and a retail backend infrastructure right?

God knows what kind of nuances they needed to make to cross realm to make “layers”, but it’s possible those changes could have messed things up.

Edit: It’s possible that’s why they decided to “purge” realms instead of just connecting them.

So why not say “Only RDF for Wrath content”.

They certainly have rough time in the queue, as used to be.
But at least when they’re queued, they can go and do some dailies, farm something until they’re called in.

The alternative is to continue spamming LFG and hope to be selected for the dungeon.

They connected Classic Era realms.

Also, I don’t recall them saying they’re not using the Battleground Finder. So apparently that tool works just fine.

Which gets old. Not in outland. Many here seem thinking outland. Man you just fly to ramparts, see its dead, pens… etc.

30 to 40 and 40 to 50…tends to have you questing no where near a level appropriate dungeon.

I saw the world. And now I ask questions. questions like who the hell does not put a 30 to 45 dungeon in stranglethorn where both horde and alliance 30 to 45 would be leveling. We all will be in the jungle. If only for the name booty bay alone lol.

and…why the hell is a 30 to 50 dungeon in level 10 mob zone? Monastery…make no sense in this regard to me. Also next to anderhal…this is a 50 zone. so yeah…if you can run anderhal you don’t need monastery.

Taking away player agency is typically a mistake.

Every poll I’ve seen shows the majority of players are in favor of the random dungeon finder.

The patch we are going into with WOTLK classic had random dungeon finder.

It truly looks like Blizzard is making an unpopular decision based upon greed.

This is not a good look.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.