The alternative to not having LFD is much worse, Classic Lead devs

If you can tell that, Blizzard is already aware of their mistake and will probably lead them to fix their wrongdoing.

That is just common sense!

5 Likes

just think of all the boost money they are losing…lol.

1 Like

The biggest joke about this whole issue is the anti-RDF crowd wants to create groups to their liking (excluding certain others). While the PRO-RDF crowd is open to grouping with everbody. All while being removed for the benefit of socialization.

10 Likes

Don’t think RDF is all sunshine and rainbows.

It has lots of problems.

2 Likes

Being angry doesnt make you right.

If you look in the council section, you will see the majority of people in that thread are wanting RFD (LFG).

People are really forgetting how awful the queue times were if you are a dps. 45mins to a hour wait time was the norm, which then started the tank controversy.

You had people queuing as tank and were not tanks. Then you had people queue with their tank buddy to get an instant queue and then the tank leaves, as they were just their to get the fast queue for the friend. Which then, all those people sit in that dungeon until a tank is filled.

1 Like

We either need connected realms or LFD. One or the other. We do not want to spam chat channels anymore. We never wanted to do it in classic/crusade but Blizzard forced us to do so. We were left with the hope that if we just suffered through these, at least things would get better in wrath. But now Blizzard says, “you get to suffer in wrath has well, even though this expansion put LFD in the game.” They’re turning LFD off for ALL realms with no mention what so ever for what they will do about the populations. It seems to me that they only care about the narcissistic mega realm players which do not need LFD, so to hell with the rest of us. They need to look at how hard it is to get groups on a barely alive <1.5k faction, not the 20k+ mega factions.

I’ve also suggested simply turning LFD off for the mega realms and leaving it on for the rest of us. Is that not a win for everyone? Why must small realms suffer because mega realms do not need something? Have we not suffered enough?

“Even easier. Free transfers for everyone.”
-Another solution but it would require Blizzard to stop charging for it. They’re not going to do that. They’ve already screwed up transfers countless times. My realm was never even put on the list and they still don’t allow PVE to PVP, a totally pointless restriction. Does anyone care at this point if transfers to your PVP realm come from a PVE realm??? NO. The old zones are deserted anyway and most PVP realms only have 1 faction.

3 Likes

Even easier. Free transfers for everyone.

Realistically do you expect Blizzard to develop a feature they obviously don’t want to spend time on for only a handful of servers?

I can’t wait for the gearscore threads. Boy thats gonna be juicy… Almost hope they keep LFD out just for those.

2 Likes

Neither free transfers nor LFD fix the problems faced by players on low pop servers and hearing countless players on megaservers saying it will help us is disingenuous. By and large, they don’t care about the players on low pop realms but are only now feigning concern because they think it will help them get what they want. I’m going to repost what I put in another thread regarding this exact issue:

2 Likes

We need both.
Some people want to level by spamming dungeons.
Some people want to quest and walk in the open world.

having other players in the same zones will allow them to having a legit MMO experience which is denied today because of how the game works (almost all ppl in endgame).

By connecting all old zones into cross-realm that fix this problem.

2 Likes

People who want to buy boosts from Blizzard will still buy them. Don’t worry.
Just because they add LFD doesn’t mean there won’t be people looking for Boosts.

By having LFD it increases their player retention as well.

Not to mention that with LFD, WoW achieved its highest peak of subscribers. I wouldn’t dare remove such feature or not even add it on first day with the new expansion. It is like releasing Cataclysm without transmog.

2 Likes

Is there a reason that LFD can not be set up as a means to level alts. Leave the Wrath Dungeons off of the que. Finding groups for lower dungeons is hard enough with now, and it will only get harder after Wrath is released.

I’m anti RDF since I think it’s lazy way to form a group. RDF encourages toxic behavior especially by disired roles since they can insta que.

I honestly don’t care either way, but if I had to choose it would be no RDF.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the video. I used it in my thread as well. Keep up the fight for what’s right.

Shame that Blizzard can’t implement both types of servers (with & without LFD) & then let the chips fall where they will, as players are allowed to choose for themselves which is preferable for them. Can’t be any worse than the current server mess & “player community” that they have these days.

1 Like

Raid finder can take a while, good thing the discussion isn’t about raid finder. 25 people isn’t 5 people.

Waiting 2 hours manually forming a group with no guarantee of filling or waiting 2 hours but being more or less guaranteed a full group.

1 Like

Many of us value having to interact to form groups, even if it’s as simple as the LFG spam messages and whispering the Class and spec.

I actually 100% agree with you on this. But population distribution problems affect many areas of the game, not just forming groups. Therefore, rather than applying bandaid solutions to each of symptoms, why not call for the source of the problem to be fixed?

Blizzard has propped up “mega servers” by continuing with layering (it was originally only meant to be used for major content releases, NOT the norm of Classic), HvH battlegrounds and by not implementing any limits whatsoever on faction imbalance or rerolling on already massive realms. Fix population distribution and many of these issues will gradually self-correct!

The same way we do now. There are a lot of gripes over gatekeeping here, but I haven’t seen people saying that getting into heroics is the problem. After all, it seems like most people are even in raiding gear. TBC Classic has managed just fine so far without Dungeon Finder, and I see no reason why that should be any different in Wrath Classic.

If people struggle too much to find a group to join, they can form their own and be the change they want to see by bringing low-geared and off-meta players. I have literally never paid attention to my 5-man comp outside of trying not to overstack armor types and it’s worked very well for me, both on mega server and otherwise.

Look no further than Retail for proof that Dungeon Finder doesn’t solve the problem of Tank (and to a lesser degree, healer) scarcity. They loaded a tank-only goodie bag with ultra-rare pets, mounts, toys, epic gear, gold and expensive materials for doing a random daily dungeon and it didn’t change the fact that DPS queues remained at the classic 35-55 minutes it had always been.

We already have it in TBC Classic, and people already say “Meet at A’dal for gear check” when building groups for raids or heroics. There is already nothing you can do, except to avoid people whose bar is set too high or to form your own groups. TBC Classic is getting along just fine as things are. There are some obvious problems, but a lack of Dungeon Finder isn’t one of them!

2 Likes

Dungeon Finder didn’t exist in TBC and shouldn’t be in TBC Classic, but…you have got to be kidding with this. The lfg channel is complete garbage on Mankrik. 24/7 buying and selling of dungeon runs. That’s all it is. It killed any interest I had in the expansion, and the few people I know who tried it as well.

The average, casual gamer has no shot in TBC Classic. None. Unless you want to pay to join dungeon groups you might as well not play. Ok, join a guild. But when it comes to Wrath, then LFD will have zero impact on you. If you want to run dungeons with guildies, go ahead. If you have 4 guildies and need 1 more. You can advertise to finish the group, then queue with dungeon finder. You can simply just queue with dungeon finder. Options are good.

All dungeon finder does is eliminate the need of massive gatekeeping of people demanding gold, inspecting players and approving of their gear and spec, and whatever other nonsense the min/max tryhards obsess over. Which, by the way, is utterly irrelevant in Wrath dungeons. Without lfd they’ll do it because they can. With lfd everyone can actually play what they want, when they want and experience the content they want. That’s somehow a bad thing?

There’s no angle from which the removal of lfd is good for the game.

5 Likes

everything is fine though apparently