The AI bots

Anyone else notice the presence of AI bots lately?

They’re not hard to spot as they do the exact same dumb things over and over. I’ve long suspected Blizz used AI to fill epic queues but now it appears the small BG’s are being filled as well…

bummer :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Are you sure those aren’t just alliance pugs?

4 Likes

roflmao …yeah I thought of that but no, these are bots.

To be honest, some bots play better. I had an EOTS where we had no bases but the entire team was in the mid and they got the flag. We lost with 0 points.

Report them. Hopefully hbuddy didn’t make a comeback.

Mechagnomes?

2 Likes

Honestly my brain went with conspiracy theory and assumed it was Blizz adding filler to the queues but in hind sight, there’s no way the recent sighting fit that MO. Will be keeping an eye out and reporting each one I see going forward.

Cheers :beers:

Considering the queue times on eu, it’s probably not the case. Then again, I would like to have the you vs ai brawl again, only with stronger bots than last time

Actually, the Comp Stomp brawl is coming up soon.
While on the subject, I believe AI has a place in pvp but limited to :

• backfills
  • tutorial phase for entry lvl pvpers

anything more would be just …uncivilized ! :laughing:

3 Likes

this also describes the average wow player though…

2 Likes

its just bad players. if you buy into the theory, you’re one too.

1 Like

Come on, now. Don’t insult the ai like that. I’ve seen them do the following things that players dont in the AB comp stomp:

• repeatedly attempt to cap our flags, often successful even under our noses. Both as Alliance and Horde.

• consistently interrupt our players that try to cap flags.

• kill healers.

No.
Absolutely not.

I can say for certain that if bots were enabled as a feature in regular Battleground gameplay I would be done with this game. I PvP because it is Player versus Player. If I want to fight bots I will do PvE.

2 Likes

That’s because they have unlimited trinkets so can’t be cc ed while the rest of us have one every 2 minutes .

I haven’t seen any bots lately… I don’t do epics but in regulars I definitely haven’t. Lots of baddies but bots are pretty recognizable.

I see them all the time casting Greater Pyroblast.

Just like your average fire mage then.

Sigh.
wooooooosh