The Absolute State of Wintergrasp

https://i.imgur.com/OKmXipT.jpg

Game ended with:

23/24 to 0/0 vehicles
#1 Player HKs -Horde 206 -Alliance 12

As others have said, nerf turrets and maybe balance the ability of defense to build tanks from within their own base?

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with Wintergrasp. It’s penance for our many sins.

2 of my chars I run here are venthyr. I have worked off my sin stone lol.

1 Like

In a way it already is “balanced” :laughing:

• 50% chance to win (zoning into defense)
  • 50% chance to lose (zoning into offense)

It’s a flip of a coin, 50/50

1 Like

In the game i linked, if you add the highest 16 players’ scores for killing blows from each side (so not factoring in deserters), the kill ratio for defense : offense is… 15 : 1 .

So I just had an epiphany while eating my oh so delicious crab rangoon…what if the defenders can only build in their base once the walls have been breached? Might help some.

here’s what i foresee:

defenders run to ST at the start of battle and win; they usually do.

defense’s deathball of vehicles starts forming. starts going in a clockwise rotation capping all bases and destroying towers.

offense, as usual, is allowed some room to make an attack from BT because defense is busy destroying towers. so maybe they breach 1st wall.

however this doesn’t matter because right when that happens the deathball finally reaches the destroyed west wall, having already taken down all towers, and they wipe the attackers.

now they can build from base and continue deathballing around in a circle; offense has no more opportunity to attack as their towers are gone and will not preoccupy defense.