The 6700 XT Seems Impressive

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-6700-xt-specs-pricing-and-launch-date-revealed

Seems to perform decently based on these cherry picked examples

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/Unyz3pN4K8TXnLCbKjWPhh-970-80.jpg

If it was actually $479, it would be a good choice.

Might try to get one.

You already have a 3080 though

I have a lot of computers

2 Likes

That does look good. If I were buying a card I’d be shooting for this or one of the sibling upper Radeon models if only because I don’t like tying myself to Windows (if there’s a chance one might want to run Linux or macOS they’re better off with AMD).

Means giving up CUDA though, which sucks because most things that use it (Blender renderer, etc) are more optimized for CUDA than for OpenCL/ROCm/etc. There’s no one card that’s a 100% win for those of use who dabble outside of gaming on Windows.

My first choice was the 6800XT - the 3080 was only due to opportunity.

I’d wait for an aftermarket card, a 6700xt sapphire nitro+ would be a good card

What was more interesting to me was the RE8 information.

It seems, at least for AMD cards, they will get Ray Tracing.

Will this be another CP2077/Godfall where the other team gets it later (if at all)?

With both platforms supporting DXR, it shouldn’t be an exclusive feature. I really hate this exclusivity BS.

gotta camp that AMD website and suffer with the Fedex delivery services again lol.

1 Like

Or take a vacation and go travel to the only microcenter in California to have one hands on

Who cares like all the other cards it wont be available. The only cards you can buy in Canada are the GT 710, 730 and GT 1030 none of which you should buy to play games.

1 Like

If you can find it at MSRP…

It will be searching a needle in the haystack.

DXR is a must for me. Highly doubt DXR performance will be good. I’ll stick to RTX 3060 Ti to RTX 3080.

It was finally received after i complained about it on reddit and one of their reps contacted me.

I wonder if they just don’t have someone working at the office to accept deliveries.

Might try and get one of these at some point to upgrade my 5700xt. I know they will be near impossible to get like everything else.