The 10.2.6 Content Update Arrives March 19

That’s not the point here however, announcing a ‘dev update’ for it to be those 2 liner is the opposite of creating hype.

We knew the event was in March so it was next week or the next, no surprise there. All we know now is that it’s time limited something something freehold.

1 Like

So let me get this straight.
You hype this event as being mysterious and the secrecy of it being important, and then you go ahead and not even make it a global release?

EU and Asia players need to watch NA players doing the 10.2.6 content on streams first? So what’s the point of all the hush hush and delay? Large part of your player base is just being screwed over with this, if indeed the secrecy of the event is that important.

I’m appalled, really, at how poorly everything related to 10.2.6 is being handled.

4 Likes

It’s a mmorpg and limited time events and rewards are a staple of the genre.

in another thread, someone brought up that it may be BFA timewalking, which would technically be a limited-time event due to the rotating nature of TW weeks. But, not necessarily a one-and-forever-done event. But, time(walking) will tell

If it’s BfA Timewalking, then this entire thing is a nothingburger so to speak.

3 Likes

Is anyone surprised about it being limited really .

Any one with common sense would realize that this was just going to be filler content before and maybe during the fated season to give people something to do prior to the DF closing out quests and the TWW pre patch .

If it was going to be anything major they would of put it with one of the patches that gave details on the road map .

yeah, that would be pretty meh - unless they throw in some SoD-like ‘affixes?’ or…things?..with this particular TW

could be worse .

SL time walking

2 Likes

I enjoy TW well enough, but unless they’ve got something super nice on that vendor, I don’t see it making much of a splash.

lol warfront tw

Remember, this has been, at best, only internally tested. They’re already taking a huge risk running into unforeseen issues releasing it for NA. At least if things go as most expect them to, EU and Asia players will be spared the worst of it.

Now that I think about it, I kinda want to be an EU player ahead of 10.2.6 :rofl:

Maybe I’m weird, but I liked warfronts. :sweat_smile: They weren’t anything special but I liked the RTS aspect, no matter how poorly it might have been implemented.

1 Like

The development update was very weak and disappointing. Literally the only new thing we learned was the release date. The information given out was as follows:

• Contains a super secret new event. (Already known)
  • Season 4 begins several weeks later. (Already known)
  • AotC, KSM, etc no longer available in season 4. (Already known)
  • Release date is 19 March. (The only new info in this announcement)

When you put out a development update, normally we would get several paragraphs going into detail about all the cool new features of the patch, like we had gotten with prior content. I get that there is value in having some mystery in what is to come, but having the entire patch completely hidden, with zero information regarding new features (Apart from teasing a mystery event), can get frustrating, and it kills the hype.

1 Like

Well, this thread went through the roof with some of the comments…

2 Likes

oh, i liked them too, and island expeditions. there’s been little that i haven’t enjoyed in this game, but my mentality is “i’m along for the ride, and so far it’s been mostly enjoyable”

1 Like

Right now what bugs me is the way they are going around it. Super secret patch… Ok. “Hey guys it’s time limited super cool you don’t want to miss out!!” ← that’s tone deaf.

Trying to hype people about something nobody knows anything about by stating “you don’t want to miss out on this limited time deal” rubs me the wrong way

The fact they announced this update via a Dev Update tease early in the week makes it even worse.

So to be clear; right now concern is about them trying to drive fomo vibes for something unknown and using the desire for info about S4 and War Within as bait to announce basically nothing we didn’t already know (there was only 2 dates possible remaining for the .6 patch so saying “next week” isn’t a big surprise)

I’d rather they just said nothing and shadow dropped it next week; none of my opinions are about the event itself as we don’t know anything about it beyond guesses.

Yeah, that’s my mentality too, at least for the most part.

Then I see Blizzard being sneaky and I’m like

I can’t help it. They made me this way.

2 Likes

What are people going to do? Cancel their sub over it? No, they will just suck it up and get over it and let blizz just do what blizz does and complain about it.

True, but that shouldn’t stop people from voicing their opinions. What should be hype for an event is a nothing burger right now, and that’s sad for everyone involved

No kidding! Whenever I think I spend too much time on the forums I need to remember the discourse that took place here. What a train wreck that I could not look away from. :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes