That Darn Fox! Is still broken

After being teleported to Maldraxxus and defeating the person I had to kill, Renny just stood there and looked at me. I was forced to abandon the quest, and hearth to get a flightpath back to Ardenweald to try again. During my second attempt, I was able to click on Renny, only to have my character pick up nothing and hold nothing in her hands, while Renny remained on the floor. Another failed attempt, and the quest will have to be retried. Come on Blizz, could you have made this any more inconvenient?

Update: After Hearthing back to pick the quest up again, about 2 or 3 minutes after I clicked on Renny, I was suddenly teleported back to Ardenweald, and the quest was completed.

4 Likes

For me Renny still broken on the first leg. I get the buff catch him 5 times and he becomes untouchable game over. My wife was able to complete no issue but not I.
** Edit Finally made it to the second stage and then he bugged again. The next day I found him still on the plain in Bastion where it left off the day before. I restarted again and this time went to Maldraxxus. Finished killing the boss and he bugged again. The next day when I logged in at my Covenant home in Ardenweald he was waiting for me with an ! to pick him up. I finally have my little fox.

This was bugged for me as well. I did make it to the final portion, but like others, he became untouchable for me. I let the buff wear off, exited the room re-entered and the mob I had killed had respawned, but the fox was clickable. I clicked him, and before the mob could attack me, we teleported out. I’m a little more disturbed by the fact that they are giving the child of a playable race as a pet. He is cute and all, but it is still more than a little weird.

I to can easily reach the stage in Maldraxus, kill the boss and he becomes unresponsive

1 Like

Still broken.

First try I got to Maldraxxus.

Since retrying I can’t get past stage 2, usually breaks on stage 1.

It doesn’t leap to you, leaps the wrong way, becomes non-interactable and your character stands there holding nothing.

For an Edit and a work around…

if it bugs in Bastion you can manually cancel the buff, wait a few minutes and it will respawn, and try again.

if it bugs after that again in Maldraxxus after the fight encounter, just keep canceling the buff, and reclicking it until it works, I had to cancel the buff 3 times in Maldraxxus and reclick him, but it finally completes.

Still bugged after maintenement. That idea from Deathspoon doesnt work for me, I get stuck on bastion and I get the same result when I always try it

Bugged on the first part for me. Can’t even get him to teleport me to Bastion :frowning:

2 Likes

I may have found a temporary solution, right click that buff that’s dealing with the quest and it resets the fox. Works for me GL.

Doesnt help. I am in starting zone area for the quest and the character actions are as if she caught it and the glowy aura is around her and nothing happens. Click the buff and nothing. Stand still and nothing … just isnt working

1 Like

I found a workaround i was stuck at the part where you kill the NPC, I went out of the cave and died. When i came back and rezed it was all reset i killed the npc waited got the fox and it transported out.

Hope this helps

Same for me, I get the glowy aura and she does the animation but then no teleport and the fox becomes non-interactable again. Tried abandoning and retaking the quest, clicking the buff off, nothing works. :frowning:

Still bugged as of this morning.

This has been bugged for months. Are they doing anything?

Just here to confirm that it’s bugged for me too. I’ve tried on multiple characters and in each case I get stuck on the first part after clicking 5 times and get the holding animation. Tried again after 9.0.5 and the exact same thing happens as before.

Yep, this is still bugged, confirmed that today. seems like they just don’t care.

Only was able to get to Bastion before it broke again. Still waiting for the fix.

1 Like

Please Blizz team - either fix or remove this, very frustrating when trying to earn rep and wasting precious time.
Icey

Why is this still broken?? I want the pet, it’s been months come on.

1 Like

“That Darn Bug!”

they are in fewer blizz members now and they have much work with more important things in game, the update with the fix of this bug is comming anyway. Blame the activision/blizzard owners/leaders and their advisers who are to blame for the decision making and why they fired people necessary to bring the expansions and updates in time and necessary to polish the game.