"That action is currently restricted."

I have been unable to access the Auction House, Mail, or trade items in SoD. All of these actions are blocked with the “That action is currently restricted.” message.

• I am not in self-found mode.
  • My account is not new, at this point almost 20 years old
  • My account has been verified through both email and phone number
  • I have two factor authentication enabled on my account
  • I have multiple purchases through my credit card since 2017
  • I have tried deleting the Cache/Interface/WTF folder multiple times
  • I have stayed offline for 12+ hours multiple times

I realize this is a duplicate post, but the support ticket I submitted told me to create a post here and I am more than a little upset at this situation.

2 Likes

At least you’re not stuck in the 30 day boat. Allegedly.

Best of luck, have a doot.

Hey, I’m in the same exact boat as you - my account is even almost 20 years old! When I got the auto response through the ticketing system it sounded like they thought I had violated the ToS but I’m realizing this is just an attempt at mitigating bots. I’m a little frustrated at this, as I don’t think the indirect effects of their methods is anyway to treat veteran players.

In any case, it sounds like 30 days from the date of your most recent purchase of game time is when you’ll have access again. Let me know if you figure it out sooner as I’d like to try as well. Best of luck.

Well support got back to me and basically told me to go **** myself. The most upsetting thing is that I purchased the game time prior to the policy change and was able to access the AH for several days before the release of phase 3, then everything got blocked.

I have no option to refund and had I known this was going to be an issue, I would have just purchased a sub then canceled it, effectively giving myself the same game time without encountering this bull****.

Policies like this are more detrimental to the game than an effective countermeasure against bots because they completely stop any new players from entering the game and actively punish returning players.

Also, a PSA, it’s a bit inconsistent, but other players can initiate trades with you, so if you have a friend or guild member you trust you can bypass the account restrictions.

1 Like

hey I am in the same exact situation as you do…I have been playing under my account for 10+ years almost 20y now. So many real money purchase like character realm transferring, fraction changes, subscription etc.
I have always been using wow token for my game time but SOD does not offer this. So recently I have just started to buy subscription couple days before the SOD P3 release (just like you)
I found myself restricted and opened 3 ticktes to blizzard…basically got the same exact response like you did and none of the GMs gave me a solution.
Now it has been 2 weeks and the gaming experience suks for me! I can’t use AH, my bags are full, I can’t even trade back loots to my guildies. I suppose the only way out is to suk with it and get by for another 2 weeks.
I hope blizzard just opens up a way so that a “real person” can look into the issue and make exceptions for some stupid policy they came up with no announcement.
Look at what you did to your real players!

Realm: Lone wolf
Character name: Keslia
WOW version: Season of Discovery (SOD)

I’m in the exact same boat. I call blizzard out on abuse of their own terms for not describing the real issue of our case here.