Thanks to the World of Warcraft Devs for the Dragon's Breath Update!

Dear World of Warcraft Developers,

I hope this message finds you well. As a supporter and enthusiast of the Fire Mage spec, I would like to extend my gratitude for your recent update concerning Dragon’s Breath and its interaction with Ignite. The decision to allow Dragon’s Breath to no longer be broken by Ignite has been a true game-changer, and it’s a testament to your commitment to class synergy and player enjoyment.

The seamless integration of Dragon’s Breath into the standard rotation has elevated the gameplay experience, providing a much-needed flow within the spec. This change has been especially beneficial in PvP scenarios such as duels and 2v2 arenas, where crowd control precision is paramount for setup and execution of impactful abilities like Greater Pyroblast.

Thanks to your thoughtful update, Fire Mages can now pressure opponents with the standard rotation while strategically planning the next control move without the worry of prematurely breaking the Dragon’s Breath effect. This has opened up many of tactical possibilities, allowing Fire Mages to chain crowd control effects more efficiently and ultimately leading to more dynamic and satisfying gameplay.

Your attention to detail in ensuring that crowd control effects from the classes have internal synergy within their specs has not gone unnoticed. The ability to maintain consistent pressure while setting up for those crucial moments without the CC being unintentionally disrupted is a welcome change. It places Fire Mages on a more even playing field with other classes whose damage-over-time effects do not break their crowd control abilities.

I’d also like to acknowledge how this update has enhanced the fun factor in playing a Fire Mage. It’s a great feeling when the class and spec operate harmoniously, offering opportunities to maximize effectiveness through a well-coordinated set of abilities. Your fairly recent improvements to the constant pressure of Fire Mages align perfectly with this concept and have significantly contributed to the enjoyment of playing Fire Mage.

I want to express my appreciation for your hard work and dedication to the World of Warcraft community. Your willingness to listen to player feedback and make meaningful changes is one of the things that makes this game fun. Thank you once again for this update to Dragon’s Breath. I am grateful for this change.

May your mana be full and your crits be many!

Regards,

An Enthusiastic World of Warcraft Supporter

ChatGPT ftw

4 Likes

Yes this post is sus as hell.

1 Like

Yes, chat gpt helped me write this. However I don’t see how that makes this post sus. The original content of the message was mine and gpt simply helped me to format it and complete it effectively. I’m sorry that you decided to criticize this post but everything that it says is my genuine opinion.

It’s just that no one actually writes like that unless you’re an NPC lol. It’s awkward and drawn on for a simple message.

3 Likes

I don’t see why you felt the need to use ChatGTP at all for this. That entire word storm could have been reduced to just a sentence or two and none of the context would have been lost.

Example: “So glad the devs listened to feedback and changed how Dragon’s Breath interacts with Ignite so it’s damage no longer breaks the CC effect. Thanks and keep up the good work!”

Readability is crucial when it comes to communication on online forums and less is often more.

3 Likes

It’s phony.

1 Like

I’m very sorry that you have all decided to criticize me when I am simply issuing a thank you to the devs. I wanted to make this post well written so I used some assistance and I’m very sorry that everyone seems to think that that’s a problem. I don’t agree that this message could have been reduced to one or two sentences. I made several various different points and I think that they are all valuable. Again, this was just meant to be a thank you for an appreciated game change and I’m very disappointed that everyone decided to make this into a problem.

Why are you disappointed? You got exactly what you wanted: criticism for a post that you knew would be seen for what it was. And now you and your 5-post count get to play the victim. But you’re not even doing that well because you’re too transparent.

You should have AI write another post thanking us for playing your little game.

What a ridiculous post. I have reported you. Thank you for being so negative about something that was intended to be a thank you for the devs.

You know what’s ridiculous? Posting a “thank you” to the developers in a forum they don’t read. Using AI to write said post. Making it contain hundreds of words when about 10 would suffice. Freaking out because people found it strange to say the least. Actually reporting someone for their critique of said post.

Protip: If you want people to be nice to you at all times, never criticize you, never say anything that might offend you and fall all over themselves praising you, the WOW forums (or really any forum on the internet) are not a good choice.

2 Likes

A 6 paragraph post titled something like “Thanks Devs” gives an air of sarcasm. Most of the people in these forums would probably agree that a majority of the posts here have a negative spin to them, so seeing something framed as positive and taking a long time to explain is… unusual.

Most people who read your post probably:

• Saw the language you used in your post as a “better-than-thou” attitude and decided it sounded pompous and therefore grounds for ridicule
    • Probably also what tipped it off to being ChatGPT
  • Had to read further than they wanted to to decide if you were being sarcastic or serious
  • Rolled their eyes at the idea of the Devs actually reading the forums
    • Most of us here are relatively jaded individuals who assume that the forums go largely unread and unmoderated. Whether they do or don’t is largely irrelevant to what most of us think by now.
  • Wondered why you needed to use so many words to say what you wanted to say
    • Almost 400 words to say “thank you for updating Dragon’s Breath’s interaction with Ignite” is a bit excessive, in my opinion. And actually, you said that in the first paragraph but just didn’t stop…
  • Generally don’t like praising the devs (as they feel as if they’ve been slighted by them in the past)

Once you admitted to using an AI to help you write this post, the gloves were off. AI rendered text is… soulless, to say the least. I’d rather read a poorly written post that you did yourself than an AI-assisted thesis that sounds like what I imagine the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons talks like.

Additionally, posting on the forums implies that you want others to respond to it. As mentioned, the forums tend to have a negative spin, so you’re likely to get a negative response. If you want to direct feedback to just Blizzard, I believe there’s an in-game option in the Support window to submit Feedback and Bugs. If you do it there, it doesn’t matter how you wrote it, the rest of us won’t see it. (Hitting this before someone else does - At least one person who read that last sentence wanted to say “If you post it in the feedback then NOBODY will see it!” but don’t let that stop you from submitting some positive feedback for once).

My suggestion: Cut your losses and move on. The more you try to defend yourself, the worse it’ll get. Just walk away now knowing that you accomplished what you set out to do, regardless of what the rest of us keyboard warriors think.

1 Like