Thanks, Shadowlands Devs!

Wanted to say thank you to the devs for finishing Shadowlands. I know it’s been a tough one to develop for a myriad of reasons, but I met some amazing friends, got back into raiding, and have had one of my best expansion experiences ever. I had a bit of a WoW renaissance during Shadowlands, and it’s been a blast! 9.2 is the best iteration of the gameplay loop since Legion, if not MoP, and logging in is a joy.

The epilogue chapter makes me feel like we did actually close a book. Wonderful dialogue with everyone, and I can tell it was made with love. Just like the environments-one more shoutout to the art and music team. SL was far and away the best art ever, and some of my favorite music.

So thanks, Shadowlands devs! This has been a joy to play and I can’t wait to see what’s next on 4/19 :slight_smile: I hope we can all go into the new chapter excited about what’s next, ready to give wow a new blast of life.

12 Likes

I wish you could react to posts like you do in FB.

4 Likes

Now edit this post and slam torghast as their only fault and it will be perfect.

1 Like

Definition of astroturfing

: organized activity that is intended to create a false impression of a widespread, spontaneously arising, grassroots movement in support of or in opposition to something (such as a political policy) but that is in reality initiated and controlled by a concealed group or organization (such as a corporation)

7 Likes

I happen to agree with OP and I’m definitely not a blizzard employee

6 Likes

Ah yes, another “everyone who likes WoW works for Blizzard” hot :poop: take

4 Likes

Is it Opposite Day or what?

1 Like

Allow me to react to this following statement, made by the OP of this thread:

12 Likes

For the most part I’ve really enjoyed it, even if I had to write much of my own stories because story content was so light.

1 Like

Yes, thank you thank god its over!

I cant wait until they lazily pull some the light is invading story line and dark rangers become a cosmetic skin hero class. They can add in more time gating grindy metrics as well and ways to promote the wow token like they did with last BFA BOE corruption pieces and the absurd costs of legendary this expansion.

Thank you so much Shadow lands for mangling and doing a retcon on a 20 year old story for the nipple tweaking jailer and the gender confused Pelagos. His ascension has to be one of the silliest things I have EVER seen in wow history.

3 Likes

It was alright. I hate grinding anima for skins. Just let us buy them for gold.

Was it really that bad?

Meh. Probably. I actually enjoy a few things about this expansion.

But the rest… I can resonate. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know what you have been sipping’ on but I need some of that!

Jokes aside: It’s always nice to hear someone is having a good time, your sentiments are exactly what we all want to feel, sadly a lot of execution and ignoring of our feed back has us stuck in the same old loop where we tell them things on PTR that won’t work, they do it anyway, all to listen to us later.

Annoying or inconveniencing us until they correct things.

I want to love this game still, just like OP. Sadly the bar is too high. Ironically that bar was set by blizzard.

I don’t wanna come off as negative, which I probably do, I just want this game to be the experience that OP is talking about for EVERYONE.

well , 2022 is a weird year…again…like 2021…

“Everyone who disagrees with me is a Blizzard shill.”

3 Likes

It’s honestly possible but I’m sure there are som people who just disagree

I ain’t never been one to advocate for burning books, but I might just make an exception…

I would have preferred that Arthas’ story got the G.R.R. Martin GoT treatment and was never written.

I fear the OP is being sarcastic.
This level of obsequious praise is usually sincere only when a FF14 fan talks of FF14.

Lets be brutally honest here.

The only reason Shadowlands was success was it was built off the WoW IP.

Without it, on its own would’ve been a massive belly flop.

Hardly anyone on the current dev team across the board are worthy of any accolades, let alone any scrap of praise.

3 Likes

I agree. It was a very good conclusion to the story.

1 Like