Thanks for the new pets!

Couple big updates to the availability of hunter pets! the one i am most excited about is the fallhaven pig. whether or not people are upset about tenacity vs cunning or w/e im happy to see more pets being introduced.

if i could request any new pet it would be Grand Wyvern.

2 Likes

When I heard cloud serpent will be tameable

I decided to hail Ian :slight_smile:

As a Pandaren hunter, I cannot wait anymore

3 Likes

I’m excited for the new pets as well. Its going to be interesting to see how Cloud Serpents work if that makes it to live. I Just got the Cloud Serpent rep to exalted just in case.

2 Likes

Both Could Serpents and Undead require a vendor item to learn.

You need to be Exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent then you can purchase the tome How to School Your Serpent from San Redscale.

Undead can be tamed by Forsaken naturally like Goblins and Gnomes can tame Mechanical, but for everyone else you will need to learn it.

1 Like

Thanks for the new pets i will never use because either their pet ability, their specialization or both sucks

4 Likes

I am hoping the Onyx War Serpents in the Vale will be tameable. My Blood Elf BM hunter has a black dragon theme for her transmog. Rides a black drake, uses Heartstriker for the bow appearance, all pets are black etc.

The only black cloud serpent I can think of outside of those is Huolon. And I do NOT want to try and tame him. That would be unfair to the people trying to farm him for the mount.

Still no updated wyverns. As Horde player who can only look at those nice gryphon models Alliance hunters get (and admittedly never use), I may be a wee bit salty.

I know feathermanes are near-useless for anything but world questing, but still.

1 Like

Tameable horses? NICE!

3 Likes

Kunchong/aqir goliath are exactly what I wanted. Undead raptors and devilsaurs are cool as well.

It’s a shame nearly everything else being added is useless due to pet spec/ability combo. Blizz really needs to open up pet specs again, and improve or replace that dumb dodge ability.

2 Likes

Depending on the content you do all of this is negligible.

1 Like

I like that you can tame Gluth, Precious plus Undead Skeletal Raptors, etc. Should be interesting. Hope they give us a lot more stable room!

1 Like

I already covered this aspect of pets.

I know that all the super leet min/maxers out there, who are all trying to put out that uber .001% more damage, care. Frankly, caring about the small variation on pets is nothing compared to the overall state of hunter atm in beta. So feel free to complain about that somewhere else, where that is the topic of conversation.

Although there needes to be a degree of balance between pets a perfect balance is unobtainable as long as pets have any difference. Unless blizz homogenized them entirely, that tiny difference you are using to bring down something others are excited about, is a moot point.

Unless we can start swapping pet specs again I will be using a Clefthoof again, they seem to be best for leveling and soloing.

2 Likes

They more than tripled the slots or will I think.

They are and Spirit Beasts for Group.

Pets currently dont just only suck because they are unbalanced. They also suck because their pet abilities are extremely boring compared to what they used to be.
Them being boring isnt just a problem for min/maxers. If anything it affects min maxers the least since they will just pick the best pet their favorite guide tells them to pick. Its a problem for anyone who likes variety in their pets and anybody who would like to try different utility in different situations which can literally be anybody.
Taming a new pet and figuring out how i could use their unique ability in different situations used to be fun for me. But nowadays if i tried that i already know every pet will probably either have a useless ability or the wrong specialization. So i just keep using the same 3 pets i have used since the start of bfa and never even consider taming a new pet which is extremely boring

Why shouldnt we be able to complain about pets which are an integral part of hunters just because 2/3 hunter specs are also in a terrible state right now?

Even if we had the ability to swap pet specs, there isn’t another exotic pet that has tanking abilities that can compare with the Clefthoof. Krolusks(Carapids) are able to reduce physical damage a little but is it really enough to make up for 10% armor and 20% healing? Same with Shale Beasts and their magic damage reduction.

There’s no denying clefthoofs are the kings for solo, but I find any ferocity pet does reasonably well. I use a cat most of the time just cause I don’t really like any of the clefthoof models. I do keep one in my active slots for when I come across something that is too much for my cat, though.

Hopefully, Blizzard will add the Mottled Cow from the vale. :slight_smile:

You realize pets all do the same damage right? Most hunter pet families being bad affects casuals far more than hardcore players, who are always going to use the right pets in the right situations anyway. Casual Timmy who wants to use his (not ferocity pet) for solo play is the one getting a hard time, not hardcore Bob that knows to use his clefthoof/corehound/scalehide.

The main problem with pets like krolusks and shale spiders is that they are simply the wrong spec. The difference between ferocity and tenacity/cunning for pet tanking is gigantic due to the passive leech, especially as BM.