Thank you StanLee

In light of the holiday, the passing of a Titan amongst The Pantheon of Comics, and the question at the bottom of the page:

I would like to pay my respects to Stan Lee.

I am sure many people who would come here would agree that Comics as a genre have earned much respect in the industrial world, but more importantly, warmed hearts.

6 Likes

Bill Maher is upset with you and your support of that Stanlee fella.

1 Like

You put a smile on my face.

In the vernacular: you are correct sir.

I agree with Maher on some stuff and not on others. I disagree with him on this.

Comic books are like religion and alcohol - use them responsibly.

As someone who makes weekly trips to their local comic shop, I was very saddened to hear about Stan Lee’s passing. Rest in Peace, you awesome man!

2 Likes

He’s just salty that he doesn’t garner the same amount of love and respect as Stan Lee.

2 Likes

I’ve never even read any of the comics and I feel sad bout this. Gonna miss looking for his cameos in the Marvel movies.

1 Like

Rest well, good sir, and thanks for all the dreams you’ve inspired.

2 Likes
2 Likes

What does Bill Maher have to do with Stan Lee?

BTW I’m not a comic book fan but Stan Lee is the Walt Disney for comic book geeks.

1 Like

Mr. Maher gave a segment on his show on how reverence for Stan Lee and frivolous nonsense in general is the downfall of humanity. I suppose he felt any respect for skill and ideas is fraudulent if the skills and ideas are meant for entertainment.

I disagree. I feel we all have few precious moments to enjoy life, and I am thankful for those who make life more enjoyable.

1 Like

I’m not surprised. Maher has been known to get in trouble for saying stuff that are controversial. He does have a dark sense of humor that is pretty much related to the same type of humor that the makers of Family Guy, South Park, and Simpsons have.