Thank You for Humility, Blizzard! Please Keep It Up!

Thank you, Kaivax.

No, I seriously mean it.

Not all ideas should be accepted before they are entertained.

Humble pie can be hard to taste sometimes; however, this is a VERY big step in the right direction for Blizzard Entertainment. I do hope it is the first of many more to come in time.

Again, thank you.

Humbly, from me, here.

If you are please willing, as I typed before, the “negative feedback” of most players on the forums are all about players seeing intellectual possibility to improve World of Warcraft.

So, please, again, come back to your own forums.

I think the best way to proceed is for all involved to drop the agendas and attitude, then to meet again anew as hopefully Blizzard will take the realization that this is a two way street for game development, and to post again in the Blizzard Forums, would help.

A great deal.

9 Likes

is it humility if it took fire burning under their cheeks to make any move?

surely there’s a better word.

3 Likes

At least they moved.

If anyone else has a better one, by all means, I’m listening here.

1 Like

Desperation, maybe.

1 Like

At some point one must call it what it is: Humility, inspired by both desperation and a bit of self-reflection.

I still think the thread is a good one, however I do agree with other posters here, it’s not to be celebrated. This is merely the ego starting to get out of the way.

No telling how much is left, thus my thread.

2 Likes

Humility is admitting the mistake. There would be a more appropriate word if they made the change without a word.

The real test will be if they still add a similar feature next expansion.

This isn’t the first time a covenant-esque system has failed.

Azerite armor and Legion Legendaries…

2 Likes

This wasn’t retread ground with Azerite and Legendaries though.

Legendaries was different enough at the time in Legion to affect things their own way, and Azerite Gear was always an interesting concept. The Heart of Azeroth gear building system was a borrowed power feature, however I would have hoped it continued on into new expansions rather than simply falling off as normal.

Considering how ideas and systems included into previous expansions might grow anew and in newer as well as more expanded and interesting ways could help this game overall.

Imagine still having the Legendary one earned in Legion. And just what could be done against the Jailer with them; say The Maw, the Blood DK Axe, is available to USE against the Jailer, Zovaal. Would it be a bane weapon, possibly doing even more damage as a tank?

That’s JUST the Blood DK Legendary; imagine how much strategic, tactical, and logistical nightmares these weapons could cause right now, if they had been supported and maybe hard to improve, yet beefed up through BFA and SL, still.

The Tanks could have Legendaries that actually allow them to do some really fun mechanics against Zovaal whenever we finally fight him.

Healers could run a spare, to DPS Zovaal with HUGE healing spells that actually hurt him.

The ideas could have been and maybe one day could still be endless…

dont suck up ffs have some pride. They make lots of mistakes every expansion they show humility when theres a sexual abuse lawsuit …holy naive much?

1 Like

Kittens, I have been trying to get them to do what they just did since October 2005.

I have every right to thank them.

I also agree that this is NOWHERE near enough, and that Blizzard needs to FIX itself hard and fast.

If this is what it finally took, so be it.

I’d rather this not be the ONLY case they ever have of choosing to listen.

WoW CANNOT afford another 16 year wait for this to happen the next time.

Appeasement. It can still be a very good game with the right people captaining the galleon. The pseudo negotiating (I know right?) has to stop though. You can’t expect gamers to do content that is presented in a way that is unenjoyable and/or unrewarding. Hence --systemlands–. Granted everyone has different tastes, still, there is near universal negative feedback in some areas and the decision making team wont budge an inch.

2 Likes