Texture flashing in town

was getting occasional texture flashes in org & shatt w/ me 3080 on 465.89 & 466.11 drivers, reverting back to 466.47 seemed to stop it if anyone else was getting issues.

DX switches between dx 11/12 didnt stop the issue and neither did messing with shadows&graphics quality.

3 Likes

Also getting the same issue. 1660 Super, driver version 466.11, 471.68 and 471.96 all have random flashing, almost a ultra fast blink effect. Happens mainly in Shattrath and Stormwind. Only happens on DX12 and DX11. DX11 Legacy removes the flashing on all 3 drivers listed above.

Edit: This only started happening after the patch on 31st August/1st September. No issues beforehand.

2 Likes

Having the same issue as OP. Random flickering in major cities, and actually pretty bad at the end of Kara.

I have it no matter what settings I change, and I feel as though I’ve changed every single one. Occurs with our without any addons installed.

Evga 3080 ftw3
32g Ram

Not really confident enough to revert drivers, my option to revert is greyed out.

2 Likes

any time I get near Jaina proodmoore, I end up if I stop at the right spot being able to look through the terrain… no idea why

The flickering is still occurring. Even after multiple DDU cleans in safe mode, and the new 472.12 nvidia driver.

You know, thanks for this post. I thought it was me or I was losing my mind, I am getting this too, in the same spots, Org and Shatt. It’s must worse in Org for me. I also thought I was getting it Netherstorm, but I’m not sure if that was the moving sky affecting lighting.

I tried several drivers and still get it. This is going to give me a stroke!

2 Likes

I think this might be fixed as of today, but I am not sure 100% sure because it might be based on a crowded area (Shatt or Org). Anyone else on this thread noticing this?

updated my gfx driver last night. haven’t noticed sceen/texture flashing since

Flashing/flickering is back. Very noticeable in Stormwind and Shattrath.

1 Like

Getting it in Coldridge Valley so badly on all of the trees that I cannot play, because it is physically making me ill.

Please look into it. I want to enjoy the content!

Thanks!

Not happening on retail/Shadowlands version.

I still get this issue in Shattrath. Updating drivers, going from directx12 to 11 legacy doesn’t fix it, graphic changes doesnt fix it. Literally happens ONLY in shattrath for me, no where else in the game. I run a 2080 super geforce card.

1 Like

11/24/2021 RTX 2070 Super, Still happening in TBC Classic, Heaviest in Shatt and SW. No Driver version fixes it. Reverted to 442.74 which was during Classic wow, no fix, 456.71 no fix, 471.11 may have fixed it for shadowlands but not classic because no fix. Most up to date drivers 496.76 also don’t fix it. Swapping from DX12 to DX11 does nothing.

The only thing that fixes it is swapping to DX11 Legacy, however this is a work around not a fix, since it destroys my fps.

I go from uncapped 450+ /Capped 200 FPS to 135 FPS capped or uncapped with HUGE dips when many folks are around on screen, whereas under dx12 or 11 my fps NEVER goes below the 200 capped.

Now the dips are still well above 60, dropping to 80/85 but when your fps drops that much you get stutter. So with DX11 Legacy I also need to cap my fps down at 80 to prevent that. Over all it is a HUGE performance hit for a work around.

1 Like