Testing with Bug Sur Beta

I decided to take the risk and install the latest Big Sur Beta.

Hardware setup:
Mac mini 2018 6-core i5 with 32GB RAM
Racer Core X eGPU chassis
Radeon RX5700XT 8GB GPU
2x 27" 4K displays attached over DisplayPort

Game setup:
Window Size: 3200 x 1800
Resolution Scale: 100%
VSync: Disabled
Graphics Quality: 6

So far I logged in and have done a few world quests without any issues. In general I get 80-90FPS flying over Zuldazar. I plan to do some Mythic+ tonight which is likely going to push the system some more.

Update: Just did a heroic dungeon (satchel) and there was intermittent stutter. This stopped when I turned on vSync.

Update2: Completed the first three bosses in Ny’alotha without any issues. I played around with turning off vSync (preferred) but couldn’t get satisfactory graphics performance (stutter still happens).

Update3: Been running M+ all night without any issues so far.

2 Likes

Eek, Thanks for the update – I had not noticed vSync was turned on by default. Turning that off fixes a lot of annoyances.

There are some performance issues going on with the Mac client right now, others are reporting the same things. It could be graphics stutter or it could be the game stops responding for a few seconds. My computer is doing the latter, it’s not responding for upwards of 8 seconds each time, I take a few steps, wait, do a Sunfire, wait, etc.

Are you able to see if SL beta runs well or at all on Big Sur seed?

Sorry for the late response.

This morning I updated Shadowlands beta and my addons, notably ElvUI, Details, Masque, Weakauras and DBM. I played through a heroic dungeon without any issues.

Edit1: Graphics Quality at 7, Resolution at 3360x1890 and vSync off. Questing in Ardenweald is ~50FPS and doing Theater of Pain at ~60FPS.

Thank you for the info. Just curious, do you notice a performance difference between having vSync on and off?