Terrible Trend of Pet Drops 8.3

Actually it is true, wowhead lists it at 1.5%.

You got lucky, RNG being typical RNG. Count yourself blessed and make some fast AH gold with them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve made enough gold this expansion to buy a Brutosaur from selling difficult to get pets, as I’m an old invalid with nothing better to do than camp and search for rare resellables.

However I still want the game improved by making these “carrots on sticks” more obtainable. We money makers don’t need other players to have an impossible time searching for things, we can always resell something else.

As things are it’s obvious Blizzard wants players to waste time searching for carrots forever, just to keep people logging on. Just enough are put into the game to prove they can actually drop, but not nearly enough for the average player to ever succeed in farming them for themselves.

This attitude of stinginess, mendaciously teasing players into endlessly farming drops with no result, is indicative of Blizzard’s general attitude these days of replacing the love of the game the company once had with greed and Korean game inspired grinding.

6 Likes

You’d think I’d be making huge bucks, but I’ve actually stopped selling them because the market was flooding on my “medium” server. That 1.5% number is wrong, although I don’t have a good explanation as to how they got it so wrong. I wonder if they ninja-buffed the drop rate at some point…

As long as they are tradeable, I don’t really care about the drop rate. I have over 500K gold spread over several servers and eventually I find a decent price. As long as you don’t have the “gotta have it now” mentality, all the new pets are within reach.

4 Likes

Even the pet battlers have gone pyscho now. Missunknown just stop

1 Like

Oh look, pot calling the kettle black? Someone who has 626 pets trying to comment on the state of pet collecting. Take your own advice and just stop.

If there are so many people “going psycho (in your own words)” over what blizzard are doing perhaps it’s time to open your eyes and look beyond that white knighting haze blizzard have over you. Clearly SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH THE STATE OF WOW RIGHT NOW.

Hey dead sub forum fanboys !!!

Just dropped in to add my 2 cents. I feel that as I have 100% of the pet battle achieves and 1200 + something pets, I can comment on the state of collecting.

It is worse than Mop/WOD/legion (cant comment on other expansions), because its true that there is a lot more RNG into RNG, but then again all of WOW is now more RNG into RNG.

Blizzard have decided that their strategy to keep the player base playing (profit maximisation) is to make the RNG more difficult. The flow on effect to the players is they find it harder to get their pets/mounts/gears.

We cant fight a corporation that sees their player base as $'s and treats them like addicts / farmers. The best thing collectors can do is casually buy the RNG pets while making gold from non RNG activities; and Luck be a lady tonight.

4 Likes

Yup it is so true!! Very sad but true.
What is worse is that when the carrot on a stick seems just a bit too far out of reach people stop playing entirely.

I wish blizzard could go back to its old ways where they actually loved the game loved the players and most of all loved giving the players a game worth sticking around for. Sadly I think those days are gone :frowning:

Thanks for your comment Bankderp, I do agree with everything you have said.

4 Likes

“I sold K’uddly for $450k.
The drop rates and mob spawns are perfect.”

I’m going to bet that you did not farm it, but rather flipped it on the auction house. How about we keep the drop rates the same, but make it impossible for someone to flip items on the auction house, so the the handout crowd (which probably includes flippers like you) doesn’t get rewarded, but the ones who do the farming do?

1 Like

i’m still missing some of those pets from darkshore warfront’s once a month lockout rares

Pet quest chain? What is that?