Terrain Map Addon?

I once had a map addon which allowed me to switch on and off a terrain version of the map (making the map look as tinyurl.kawm/Terrainaroni) however I somehow lost the addon and forgot the name of it. Anyone know of a map addon that does this?

I think Carbonite did that. there might have been another addon though.

Carbonite seems like a mess. I remember a simple addon that appeared in the regular map UI and allowed me to toggle on and off the terrain texture.

1 Like

What sort of code do you have your link in because I can’t just copy and paste it.

Maybe try using ` (left of 1 top row of your keyboard), before and after your link and then you don’t have to alter it.

Looks like you need to replace .kawn to .com

that makes sense but geez I wish this forum would let everyone post links like the old one - the world didn’t end people being able to.

1 Like

I know there is Atlas World Map for Classic, but not for BfA as far as I know. It uses HR maps. Someone retextured all the maps into HR, but it’s not an addon. Just the textures themselves (but I believe those are the textures used in the Atlas World Map addon).

Put any link you want between two ` marks (on the tilde key.) It just won’t be clickable:

www.amazon.com
tinyurl.com/Terrainaroni

Edit: Eh, I see you suggested that. Why the confusion then?

I know how to do it. I explained how to do it above. The old forum you didn’t have to do that though and people could actually click on your links.

You can do that here too, if you earn trust level 3.

I get what you are saying though. The old forums let you post links that were clickable. Now you need to highlight and either right-click or drag.

Personally, I find the change negligible, but again, I get what you are saying.

2 Likes

I use firefox and an addon that makes text links clickable.

1 Like

Can we please revive this thread. I’ve been trying to find a way to change the world map to the high-res terrain map. Somehow this thread turned into a discussion about viewing images in a thread instead of finding the actual addon.

So has anyone found an addon like this or any other way to change the world map to the high-res terrain map?

hahahahaa lol.

This is one area that wow art team falls flat on there face…the map sucks in wow other then that they are 10 out of 10

1 Like

I feel like the OP was probably talking about an addon from Legion called Foglight where you could toggle between a “satellite map”, the default version or a hybrid of the two.

No idea if its still been updated or if its an abandoned project.