Tenders for gold

I imagine that there’s going to be a lot more done for the trading post on what you can do with it but it’s already very apparent that for many there aren’t enough tenders available. Why not create an NPC where we can trade gold for tenders maybe like 10g for 1 tender.

3 Likes

You’re not supposed to buy EVERYTHING.

13 Likes
5 Likes

Tenders are a weird side currency to actual real life currency used in the cash shop. I couldn’t make myself care less about what they decide to do with this particular system.

They’ve already set the value at 100 tender per $1 US.

That’s how life works, why not in the game.

1 Like

1k per tender, if not more

Lol thats kinda cheap dont you think ? so 10k for 1k tenders

Gold is too pedestrian. I would like to see a daily or weekly quest given by the dwarven purveyors of fine goods that requires me to visit various places around Azeroth to gather materials they need by killing mobs or gathering herbs, ores, or skins, or fishing or cooking or any number of other activities. Let us actually engage with the game to earn Tender. Unless they make the items traded for tender BoP quest drops, it will create another economy on the AH so that players who want to buy with gold can, but it won’t be a simple “trade Tokens for Tender” but will require people also playing the game and profiting from it in the process.

5 Likes

I say gold cap for 100 tenders. That’ll give the AH barons something to work towards in game.

1 Like

Yes, not everyone is a wow billionaire. Also they could cap it to you can’t buy more than 1k tender per month per account.

1 Like

Literally just one step away from buying tendies with real life money.

Because then you’re trading real money for Tender. Which is not the plan with a login rewards system.

You aren’t supposed to be able to buy everything. It all comes back around.

3 Likes

Only way I’d get behind this is if it’s something like “mine a node 30 times” and you get credit for mining, not turning in the ore. Otherwise, it’s just another layer between buying tenders with real money.

1 Like

I would be okay with this too. What I proposed was more a compromise for folks who want to be able to trade gold for Tender. I’m uncomfortable with that being a straight up financial transaction that requires no actual playtime. If we want to keep it a pure in-game activity I don’t have a problem with that. I definitely want a lot more Tender than I have, and I’d be happy to do some questing to get more.

1 Like

That’s the direction they are heading anyways. Heck they have included some tenders with the purchase of store bought transmogs.

There are also literally hundreds of thousands of potential items that can go on sale (armor,weapons, mounts, pets, druid skins, class specific items etc.) and at 25 items listed per month. It will take DECADES to collect everything.

1 Like

Except they’re not. They’ve included small amounts a couple of times in account wide bundles— like they said. But they haven’t directed anything towards infinite Tender in the shop.

This system is designed to use and reuse already created items that aren’t in the game anywhere else. They will eventually run out of stuff they had archived away and won’t make a ton of new things. Because it’s an easy marketing system to keep you coming back.

Tender should never be available infinitely for cash. Not how login rewards systems work.

Ion has specifically confirmed that, although Tender has appeared in a bundle, they won’t be sold in the Shop. The microtransaction model that Tender might have been isn’t happening. I do wish the cap wasn’t so low.

The point of Tender is to be a reward for playing the game, hence all the in-game tasks they set that you can earn them from.
The whole ‘buying gold with money’ thing would also be a reason they wouldn’t trade Tenders for gold.

1 Like

Agreed. Let’s make it real money available in the in-game shop! :grinning:

Lookit- if Blizzard wants to implement microtransactions for cosmetic rewards, that’s their business. I’ve bought cosmetics from the Shop and I am not ashamed. However, they’ve outright stated they will not do this, and considering they’re refusing to take our money I think they must have some compelling business reason.