Telogrus Rift updated on PTR

Other islands got New Names - Cosmic Horizon & Equinox Reach.
Maybe Umbric is the New Council of Six member in Dalaran . :heart_eyes:

The bluish effect is new… Tents or whatever.

3 Likes

The fact there’s a Kirin Tor flag and a portal to Dalaran in the rift now, coupled with the fact Magister Umbric has an encrypted model, seems to suggest Umbric will replace Kalecgos in the Council of Six.

Which honestly might be how they plan to “unite” the Void Elves back with the Blood Elves in Midnight - if the Kirin Tor acknowledge the Void Elves, the blood elves wouldn’t have much room to say they aren’t legitimate or are “too dangerous” anymore, as they have an entire squadron in the Kirin Tor.

7 Likes

This would be such a spectacularly stupid way to do it with one of the few alliance characters that had future villain flags every single time he was on screen (which is why I think I can believe it might happen lmao)

2 Likes

Why are the Sunreavers even back in Dalaran? How many significant major hate crime events have to happen in Dalaran to have consequences? Is it three? I bet it’s three.

7 Likes

Three that actually stick and mean something. We haven’t had any yet because blizz keeps whitewashing everything the alliance does :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Why would Quel’thalas change their stance if the Kirin Tor acknowledged the Void Elves? After all they are a danger to the Sunwell.

4 Likes

I do not think Umbric is the next member of the council. But, I do think the Void Elves are basically getting Kirin Tor backing via Khadgar’s friendship with Alleria and being the sister of the Silver Covenant’s leader/founder.

The branch of Silvermoon’s government that banished the void elves doesn’t play nice with the Kirin Tor in the first place, why would a void elf Alliance partisan on its ruling council improve their opinion of either group?

If anything, Dalaran’s empowerment of yet another diehard Alliance supporter, especially one whose political objective is to put Silvermoon under the Alliance’s rule, should incentivize its Horde/blood elf pop to get the hell out of there.

5 Likes

The insults against playable blood elves to push the void monsters is surley a way to make blood elf fans quit the game.

As much as I hate more faction conflict (which honestly is also why I hate Umbric on the council of 6 as a hypothetical, his character is 100% defined by faction war, to an almost psychotic degree through the alliance campaign), yeah Rommath explicitly still considers Modera guilty of looking the other way when Garithos and his forces became increasingly genocidally human supremacist.

I think Khadgar and Kalecgos might be the only council members he sort of likes.

7 Likes

#MerylOrBust
#MerylForCouncil2024

12 Likes

He was directly involved in void killings during Bfa against both belves and our allies. There is no reason Dalaran being nice to them is gonna change the opions of Silvermoon about them. The way he thirsted for approval by Halford was embarassing to watch.

We all love the professor so absent-minded he didn’t realize he died.

3 Likes

There are many good mages in Dalaran why should the void elf get the job? It all could just mean the void elves work close with the Kirin Tor without any further meanings behind it.

There is nothing more mage than death coming to pick you up and your response is “Yeah, no thanks. I’m good.”

7 Likes

Med’an is the new member of the council.

2 Likes

Umbric is the only named NPC encrypted and there’s an encrypted model right in the Dalaran portal room.

It’s him.

Willing to bet they updated his model too.
Reminds me of how Lor’themar had a meme that was literally just “who?” until he flipped a bench back during Mists.

Remember when they got his patch wrong? For years… lol

So? Nothing indicated he comes to the council. It would also prove Rommath right by affirming the Kirin Tor are yet another organization made to serve the alliance and their bluster about neutrality was a big fat lie.

I accept this with HEAVY CONDITIONS.

1. We’re retconning that Shaman and Light nonsense. Pure Mage.
  2. We’re retconning his comic series completely. He’s a Half-Orc Mage who’s lived and studied in Dalaran.
  3. We’re retconning his parentage. Leave big named characters out of it.
  4. If ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, he can be Khadgar’s apprentice as a means of giving him a connection to the guardian role or Karazhan, but it’s best to keep him away from this.
3 Likes